Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: XX40A  (Read 12737 times)

Mic_

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XX40A
« on: March 03, 2013, 11:56:03 AM »

My XX40A Camera only transmits black and white pictures; any ideas why I don't get color pictures? I also have issues viewing the camera from my smart phone; when I log in from my smart phone (from outside the house) I get nothing. When I log in from my smart phone (inside the house) I do get the camera; why don't I get the camera when I am outside the house?

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: XX40A
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 02:51:37 PM »

My XX40A Camera only transmits black and white pictures; any ideas why I don't get color pictures? I also have issues viewing the camera from my smart phone; when I log in from my smart phone (from outside the house) I get nothing. When I log in from my smart phone (inside the house) I do get the camera; why don't I get the camera when I am outside the house?

Color problem: try my cam
http://e7489.xipcam.com
user x10
password x10

To view your cam outside you have to use the  DDNS IPaddress of the camera
Its on a sticker on your camera or in the camera software device settings.

Try your cell phone using the same link above.

if you are using the DDNS ADDRESS and still have problems
check your device settings and see if your ddns status shows SUCCEED or FAILED.

Richy

Mic_

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 12:27:56 PM »

The color just came back to the Camara. I suppose it was just one of those things. Is the DDNS server the same as what pops up in the IP camera tool box?

Mic_

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 12:49:22 PM »

When I check In Systems; DDNS status, I see "Gipcam.com" is this outdated? Do I need to get in touch with X10 to get this changed? Thanks

richy2

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 01:32:28 PM »

When I check In Systems; DDNS status, I see "Gipcam.com" is this outdated? Do I need to get in touch with X10 to get this changed? Thanks
Yes gipcam.com is the DDNS. are there any numbers before the gipcam.com?

i believe it is out dated. i ve seen some replies that airsight.net is being replace as the DDNS.
under system>device status> where is shows your DDNS Address is it failed or shows succeed like mine 

DDNS Status   xipcam.com  Succeed  http://e7489.xipcam.com

if you need one, you can go to DYNDNS.COM and signup for one. They will give you a free 14 trial period.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 01:36:02 PM by richy2 »

Mic_

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 11:55:41 AM »

Thaks for the info. Yes, my DDNS.com shows succeed. There are numbers in front of the gipcam.com
On another note, I called X10 yesterday to find out about the DDNS issue and they told me that I need to set up port forwarding. They also gave me a 1-800 number to contact their tech support, Monday through Friday. I don't get this, set up port forwarding thing, since Iwas able to view my camera with my smart phone (While out of the house) a few months back. To me, now that I have info from this forum, I had success until the gipcam.com shut down.

Mic_

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 12:02:03 PM »

Sorry; what I actually have in my DDNS status box states: gipcam.com Succeed http://K6837.gipcam.com

As I stated, all I had to do a few months ago (While away from home, using my smart phone) was to type in the ip address of the camera, shown on my home computer screen address bar, and I would get my camera. This was easy and I was amazed that it worked as advertised...Now, I have his this snag

Mic_

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 12:11:38 PM »

Another question, my XX40A Firmware version is 17.35.2.41     Is there a newer version? If so, has anyone tried it? If there is, is there any benefit to upgrading? If there is a newer version, and you tried it, did it create problems for you, or, did it install and run seemlessly with your system? Thanks

Finally, I experience color loss on my camera from time to time. The color then magically returns; anyone experience this? Is it the bright sunshine that washes the color out? I did purchase a refurb "like new" cam from X10; I would like to believe that the camera itself is ok...

richy2

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 07:24:40 PM »

Thaks for the info. Yes, my DDNS.com shows succeed. There are numbers in front of the gipcam.com
On another note, I called X10 yesterday to find out about the DDNS issue and they told me that I need to set up port forwarding. They also gave me a 1-800 number to contact their tech support, Monday through Friday. I don't get this, set up port forwarding thing, since Iwas able to view my camera with my smart phone (While out of the house) a few months back. To me, now that I have info from this forum, I had success until the gipcam.com shut down.
I purchased my camera back in Nov 2012 and had to set up portforwarding to view my camera away from home over the internet.

This site can show you how to portforward any type router at http://portforwarding.com

Just look for your router type/model.

richy2

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 07:27:14 PM »

:)+
Another question, my XX40A Firmware version is 17.35.2.41     Is there a newer version? If so, has anyone tried it? If there is, is there any benefit to upgrading? If there is a newer version, and you tried it, did it create problems for you, or, did it install and run seemlessly with your system? Thanks

Finally, I experience color loss on my camera from time to time. The color then magically returns; anyone experience this? Is it the bright sunshine that washes the color out? I did purchase a refurb "like new" cam from X10; I would like to believe that the camera itself is ok...

I was told by x10 repair this year that the firmware version for the xx40a is UP-TO-DATE.

I had no need to try and download since my xx40a is working fine.

richy2

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 07:35:54 PM »

Color wash out... Yes it happens to my camera daily, usually going into the sunset hours... its not a long wash-out but it could make you think something is wrong.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 10:49:24 AM »

Mic,

The color will wash out from 2 different things - being in overly bright light or being in an area that is dark enough to put the camera into night vision mode. When the camera is in night vision mode, it will switch to a black and white image to increase the camera's image quality in a low light situation. Both of these are normal.

There is no new firmware for the XX40A.

If you are having problems with a gipcam or xipcam DDNS address, you can call tech support at 800-675-3044 and they can change the address to a airsight DDNS address.

Mic_

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 06:20:20 AM »

Thanks all. I will set up port forwarding to view my camera away from home on my cell. Well report how it goes. Also, the color wash out issue is a non issue as you all stated here. Thanks again

Mic_

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 06:10:30 PM »

I have "Great" news...Please share this with all in the Community, and on other areas dealing with difficult issues regarding X10 Cameras. I just completed (with the help of and X10 Tech name Bill) port forwarding for my XX40 Airsight Camera. Bill called me, three consecutive days, to guide me through the port forwarding process. I have "NEVER" experienced this kind of positive, patient, and expert assistance from anyone, including paid services, before. Hats off to Bill!

Let me pass on some information here that can be helpfull, regarding forwarding a camera port, via a 2wire modem (ATT) type. The modem log-in (my case) was on the side of the modem box. It is called (in my case) the Modem Device Access Code.

Another thing; when I started the port forwarding process, after logging in to my modem, firewall tab-I had to select applications and pinholes...Since this area was not highlighted (like most selectable items are) I got hung up. You can place the mouse directly on pinholes and Applications and you will see that you can double click on it to advance.

finally; if you need to view your camera on your smart phone at home, type in the address (internal ip) as shown in the browser along with the (colon ) and the port that you forwarded ie192.178.3.251:followed by whatever the port number is. All this info will be in your browser when you bring your camera up at home.

When you are away from home using 3 or 4G smart phone; type in your public IP (you can find this by typing "What is my IP" in your browser) folowed by (Colon) and your port number that you forwarded

I don't think I would have been able to complete the port forwarding process without Bill...I will try to do this on my own when my next camera arrives in the mail...Wish me luck. Hope this info helps ...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 06:17:52 PM by Mic_ »

richy2

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 08:38:01 PM »

I have "Great" news...Please share this with all in the Community, and on other areas dealing with difficult issues regarding X10 Cameras. I just completed (with the help of and X10 Tech name Bill) port forwarding for my XX40 Airsight Camera. Bill called me, three consecutive days, to guide me through the port forwarding process. I have "NEVER" experienced this kind of positive, patient, and expert assistance from anyone, including paid services, before. Hats off to Bill!

Let me pass on some information here that can be helpfull, regarding forwarding a camera port, via a 2wire modem (ATT) type. The modem log-in (my case) was on the side of the modem box. It is called (in my case) the Modem Device Access Code.

Another thing; when I started the port forwarding process, after logging in to my modem, firewall tab-I had to select applications and pinholes...Since this area was not highlighted (like most selectable items are) I got hung up. You can place the mouse directly on pinholes and Applications and you will see that you can double click on it to advance.

finally; if you need to view your camera on your smart phone at home, type in the address (internal ip) as shown in the browser along with the (colon ) and the port that you forwarded ie192.178.3.251:followed by whatever the port number is. All this info will be in your browser when you bring your camera up at home.

When you are away from home using 3 or 4G smart phone; type in your public IP (you can find this by typing "What is my IP" in your browser) folowed by (Colon) and your port number that you forwarded

I don't think I would have been able to complete the port forwarding process without Bill...I will try to do this on my own when my next camera arrives in the mail...Wish me luck. Hope this info helps ...

Thats great....

On the same note: I have the same camera as you do but with a ARRIS cable modem and Linksys router and was able to do PORTFORWARD.COM to learn how.

For me to view over my cell phone, i can use the xipcam.com ddns for the camera.
I also use IP cam viewer app, i like it better than having to open a browser and type the camera address. Just click on the IP camera app and up pops the camera.

I didn't have to change port numbers and use the default.

Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.