Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: XX40A  (Read 12751 times)

Mic_

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: XX40A
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 06:09:45 PM »

Does anyone know if one can access Airsight cams on a computer outside the home computer? How is it done if at all possible?

When I open my camera tools software, it allsow me to view single or multiple cams (in the same window) while I am at home; would I be able to view all of my airsight cameras while away from home in one window?

Is there a software like I watch out pro, for airsight cameras?

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 09:12:50 AM »

Mic_

As explained earlier in this thread, in order to view the camera remotely you will have to properly set up port forwarding in your router - and every router is different and it does require that you have a moderate level of networking knowledge.

If you cannot do this yourself, you may want to enlist the help of somebody that understands networking principles. Once it is set up, it should work properly without any further headaches.

You can view multiple cameras at the same time remotely.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 09:23:51 AM »

Does anyone know if one can access Airsight cams on a computer outside the home computer? How is it done if at all possible?

When I open my camera tools software, it allsow me to view single or multiple cams (in the same window) while I am at home; would I be able to view all of my airsight cameras while away from home in one window?

Is there a software like I watch out pro, for airsight cameras?
I use my IP camera DDNS to access mines outside the home.

Test mines using
http://e7489.xipcam.com
User x10
Password x10

To view your camera and/or cameras, on a android phone, download IP Viewer by Robert Chou

Mic_

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 05:25:33 PM »

Thanks all for the great info. Got everything set up fine now.
Question to anyone with the XX40A Camera; when you log in from a smart phone, do you get (buffeting) buffering?
I don't get a smooth, steady stream at all; any ideas? I this normal?

richy2

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 10:10:36 PM »

Thanks all for the great info. Got everything set up fine now.
Question to anyone with the XX40A Camera; when you log in from a smart phone, do you get (buffeting) buffering?
I don't get a smooth, steady stream at all; any ideas? I this normal?
Mic

I just used my android phones 4g network to answer your question.. I don't really get buffering even using 4g.

Are you using your phone wifi or cell network? either way a lot can depend on how many people are on the internet.

I have noticed on my computer during the day 8am to 12noon NYC time, my video can pause for a while on one computer, and still be streaming on another computer.. I think this is internet traffic with all the computers ( home, work, etc) being connected to the internet.  During the late afternoon hours it doesn't happen at all.

I normally have two computers with the camera's video going, checking out a youtube video, xbox gaming, my cellphone, my daughter cellphone and ipad all connected to the internet at the same time.

Mic_

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 10:05:32 PM »

Can anyone tell me why my XX40A camera loads slowly/reloads constantly when I que it up on my cell phone? I see the picture fine on my computer at home ND in real time; choppy view on phone.

Mic_

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 10:11:41 PM »

Sorry about my last post folks; just saw the above responses. I  experience the choppy picture on my phone while I am away using 4g service. At home using wifi, all appear to be OK. This may be in fact due to internet traffic...

richy2

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 05:45:16 PM »

Sorry about my last post folks; just saw the above responses. I  experience the choppy picture on my phone while I am away using 4g service. At home using wifi, all appear to be OK. This may be in fact due to internet traffic...

Even at home. sometimes very rarely during the day if you watch your camera long enough and there is constant traffic going by it will have pausing at times.

I usually have two computers running at the same, both showing my camera video and where one video would freeze the movement.. the other video is normal.

My camera is connected POE 24/7.

Mic_

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 09:33:55 PM »

Can anyone tell me; what does it mean when one uses the XX40A as A POE Camera?

richy2

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2013, 02:54:07 PM »

Can anyone tell me; what does it mean when one uses the XX40A as A POE Camera?
POE = POWER OVER ETHERNET

the poe kit allows you to connect your camera thru your router. Your camera is online 24/7/365. It is not connected wirelessly to your router.

The advantage is ... you may not have a outlet where you mount your camera and/or the camera is too far from your router to work wirelessly.

You would also need a cat5 cable ( 25, 50, 100 feet lengths), depending on the distance from where your mounted camera is and your router to connect to the poe kit.

Richy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 02:59:56 PM by richy2 »

Mic_

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2013, 10:09:51 PM »

Thanks Richy. This is good info since I just got a wide eye XX41A.

Question; will my XX40 A IP camera tool software pick up the new XX41 camera? If I use the XX41 in the POE mode, will said software pick it up? Thanks.

JG1967

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 10:08:43 AM »

I can't say for the xx41A but I have two xx40A and one xx59A cameras and all three work with the camviewer software. The xx59A camera came with its own ip camera tool software.

Mic_

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 05:42:04 PM »

I found out, The IP camera tool does recognize other IP cameras in the same software.

Question; I did not connect my XX40A directly to the modem first before I tried it out wirelessly...I hooked it up through a plug in, eathernet device. The camera work fine through said device; however, when there is a power blip, the eathernet device has to be reset. The trouble is, I am not always home to reset said device. Is there any way to disconnect the eathernet cable from the camera and have my modem pick it up wirelessly?

I only ask this because I have said camera mounted and it would be a bit of a chore to disconnect it and go through the direct Modem connect procedure.

Finally, if I have no choice but to go through the direct modem connect, will I have to reset the port forwarding, etc for said camera?

Mic_

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2013, 02:06:15 PM »

I did remove my xx40A camera from it's mount and connected it directly to my Modem as setup instructions state...the camera was recognized, so, I disconnected it to check it wirelessely-no can do; this did not work wirelessly. Tried it a couple times with no luck. I reconnected it the way I had it before and all is well.any thoughts?

richy2

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2013, 05:10:19 PM »

I did remove my xx40A camera from it's mount and connected it directly to my Modem as setup instructions state...the camera was recognized, so, I disconnected it to check it wirelessely-no can do; this did not work wirelessly. Tried it a couple times with no luck. I reconnected it the way I had it before and all is well.any thoughts?
when you tried wirelessly... which ip address did you use?

EXAMPLE: if you use the ip address 192.x.x.x/port number when the camera is wired... did you use the same ip address?

Did you try using the cameras DDNS IP address wirelessly?
it should be a airsight.net ip address.

for example.. my ddns.ip address is e7489.xipcam..
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.