Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No charging Light, Flashes green once when trying to turn on  (Read 6276 times)

Collegekid

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
No charging Light, Flashes green once when trying to turn on
« on: March 03, 2013, 04:34:49 PM »

I recently got the Airplay X10 (modal number CM005) from my dad after he got a new tablet. Not but 5 min later my brother's fiance accidentally knocked it off the table while it was charging. Now it doesn't seem to be charging when I have it plugged in and When I try to turn it on a green LED flashes once then nothing. I checked the charger and it is still producing charge, help?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: No charging Light, Flashes green once when trying to turn on
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 04:54:49 PM »

Not much to help with. The female side of the charging connector is likely broken. When you plug the coaxial connector in to the Airpad does it seem secure or is it loose? I thnk you can charge through the USB but it will take much, much longer. 
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Collegekid

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 11:29:09 PM »

You are right, the female coaxel is broken, popped open the casing (i know void warenties, dont do it bla bla bla) and 2 of the connecters popped. I think i may be able to solder them back on if I can convince my IT friend to do it lol (one of the benefits of being at an university i guess) how exactly would I charge via another port?

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 03:59:20 PM »

I think i may be able to solder them back on if I can convince my IT friend to do it lol (one of the benefits of being at an university i guess) how exactly would I charge via another port?

Good luck - hope you can fix.

I don't have an Airpad, but believe it will also charge through the USB connection but at a MUCH slower rate (like a two day rate). Others have mentioned it on the forum.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 09:41:40 AM »

You are right, the female coaxel is broken, popped open the casing (i know void warenties, dont do it bla bla bla) and 2 of the connecters popped. I think i may be able to solder them back on if I can convince my IT friend to do it lol (one of the benefits of being at an university i guess) how exactly would I charge via another port?

Soldering the connector will likely fix the problem if you know what you are doing and have the proper soldering equipment. Do not try to solder it using a cheap soldering iron or you will damage the board and / or connector.

The CM005 (Airpad X) will not charge through the USB port.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 12:06:55 PM »

The CM005 (Airpad X) will not charge through the USB port.

Well, "There-ya-go" straight from the horses mouth.
FWIW:
Piggy backing on X10 Repair Depot advice about soldering. Hopefully your IT guy will have a temperature controlled, fine point tip, soldering iron. Also, 63/37 solder or even a small diameter silver solder http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062717 would be a safer solder to use since it has a more narrow plastic range compared to typical 60/40 solder. So the amount of time the iron is on the board is reduced. Carrying to the extreme, brushing some liquid flux on the area helps reduce PC board damage also. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.