Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airsight PTZ Pro camera  (Read 5145 times)

ethyl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airsight PTZ Pro camera
« on: March 05, 2013, 07:20:30 AM »

I recently purchased 3 outdoor cameras. Two wide-eye and one PTZ. After some trial and error I have them set up so I can view all three from my desk top and cell phone as long as I'm within distance of my router. I'm Still frustrated with setting up the cameras to view remotely on the internet. My most recent problem is with the PTZ which all of a sudden inverted the picture I view on my monitor. It took a normal picture where the object viewed such as a house on the right and the garage on the left and switched them and now the garage is on the right and the house on the left. Needless to say it's very confusing when panning. The PTZ camera is mounted on a pole and I was wondering if it can be fixed without taking it down and starting over. As for setting them up to view remotely I sent a email to tech with all my info so far and just I'm waiting for a reply. Thanks for any help. Jim :)+

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: Airsight PTZ Pro camera
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 09:27:13 AM »

Ethyl,

To invert or mirror the image, in the camera's menu select "Audio / Video" and check the appropriate box.

To be able to view the cameras remotely you will need to enable port forwarding in your router. Each router is setup differently.  In order to find out how to do this, do an internet search for "port forwarding" and the model of your router.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 09:50:06 AM »

I recently purchased 3 outdoor cameras. Two wide-eye and one PTZ. I'm Still frustrated with setting up the cameras to view remotely on the internet. Thanks for any help. Jim :)+

I have the PTZ. To view mines over the internet i have to use the IP address that is on the sticker on the camera. If you go to the device status section you can get yours under the ddns.

To check out mines go to
 http://e7489.xipcam.com
user x10
password x10

also if you need info how to port forward ANY ROUTER go to http://portforwarding.com

Richy in Brooklyn NY

ethyl

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 10:19:22 AM »

Thanks for the help. I don't know how I missed the Audio/Video menu but that solved the problem. I know I'm doing something wrong in port forwarding my router but I haven't given up hope yet.

ethyl

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 10:28:30 AM »

Thanks Richy. Got to your camera with no problem. I have to go and get the numbers off my three cameras and give it a try when I get some where remote. Jim :)%

richy2

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 10:33:34 AM »

Thanks Richy. Got to your camera with no problem. I have to go and get the numbers off my three cameras and give it a try when I get some where remote. Jim :)%
another thing also using the DDNS IP ADDRESS, if you just so happen can't get a wifi signal on your cell phone, you can view your camera using the same DDNS ip address on your cell phone network ( none wifi ). ONLY THING is you just see a video with no controls at all.

Try mines again, turn off your cell phone wifi.

ethyl

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 10:11:20 AM »

Richy I had someone in Ny try to access my camera with no luck. I can't try and access here on my cell phone because I don't get a good enough signal with out going thru wifi. The DDNS on my PTZ is c3716.airsight.net I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the help.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 10:27:13 AM »

Ethyl,

That DDNS address does appear to be resolving back to you, meaning that port forwarding is not setup properly in your router. Setting this up does vary by router, so you will have to find instructions from your router's manufacturer.

ethyl

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 11:52:56 AM »

Thanks. I'll try again. Sooner or later I'll get lucky.

richy2

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 12:12:41 PM »

Thanks. I'll try again. Sooner or later I'll get lucky.

This site can show you step by step any router, how to port forward easy.

http://portforwarding.com

Richy
this may also help.. if you re using IE, add your airsight address to your trusted sites in IE security trusted site section.
check your cable modem port as well as your router.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:19:33 PM by richy2 »

ethyl

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 07:58:06 AM »

My Internet Provider (Windstream Communications) configured my router for me and had it all wrong. They actually told me that I needed a Static IP address or I would never have Port Forwarding work. So I did what they suggested (at $20.00 a month extra) and they still couldn't get it to work. Called X10 tech and explained to them how they (Windstream tech) set up port forwarding (which was wrong) and 20 minutes later after changing port numbers on my 3 cameras X10 was able to view all 3. Finally up and viewing remotely using airsight.net.

richy2

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 01:41:55 PM »

My Internet Provider (Windstream Communications) configured my router for me and had it all wrong. They actually told me that I needed a Static IP address or I would never have Port Forwarding work. So I did what they suggested (at $20.00 a month extra) and they still couldn't get it to work. Called X10 tech and explained to them how they (Windstream tech) set up port forwarding (which was wrong) and 20 minutes later after changing port numbers on my 3 cameras X10 was able to view all 3. Finally up and viewing remotely using airsight.net.
They are charing you $20 a month" for a DDNS address which dyndns.com was going to charge me $20 per year, which i did not need since i could use xipcam.com that came with the xx40a.

ethyl

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 07:35:44 AM »

On the phone with Windstream because I feel they ripped me off. Let you know. By the way Richy, I took another look at your camera this morning and I don't like that snow.  ;D

richy2

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 10:34:56 AM »

On the phone with Windstream because I feel they ripped me off. Let you know. By the way Richy, I took another look at your camera this morning and I don't like that snow.  ;D

We have some Hurricanes sometimes that you may enjoy.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.