Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Airpad XL 4.0.3 and 4.1.1 roms, 4.1.1 with Airpad Branding.  (Read 14927 times)

jcoleman2164

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Airpad XL 4.0.3 and 4.1.1 roms, 4.1.1 with Airpad Branding.
« on: March 08, 2013, 10:30:43 PM »

Here is a modified version of 4.1.1 with Airpad branding.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/AirpadXL411.img
So far this seems to be the least buggy and quickest rom I have tried. Very nice.
Rooted.
No bluetooth support.
Bugs: The touchscreen driver is reporting the same scan code for the search and menu buttons, they are both set as menu buttons currently.
        ClockWorkMod Recovery freezes device. Normal recovery is only usable with a usb keyboard. Recovery shouldn't be required as GAPPS is already installed.

I recommend replacing the default media player with MX Player and filemanager with es file explorer. I may do this myself in any future rom versions.
I also highly recommend replacing the default keyboard with thumb keyboard though it is not free.

Point of View sells tablets based on the same soc.
http://downloads.pointofview-online.com/Drivers/10%20Inch%20Tablet%20Firmware%20TAB-PROTAB2XXL%20Upgrade/
I have been using this one for a few months, it is very stable and fairly quick. The buttons are the only thing that doesn't work correctly but can be fixed with proper keylayout editing or files.
It is based on 4.0.3, there is one based on 4.0.4 but this one is much more stable.
Works great with the togglebar app for fullscreen use found here http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/31296-how-to-fullscreen-patch-works-even-in-games-apps/

http://downloads.pointofview-online.com/Drivers/10%20Inch%20Protab25XXL%20FirmwareTAB-PROTAB25XXL/
This ROM is Not Rooted!
I just installed the ROM from the file TAB-PROTAB25XXL-Android 4.1_201212011.zip not sure what the difference is from TAB-PROTAB25XXL8-Android 4.1_20121212.zip.
It seems to be very quick but of course the buttons have the same problem.
Buttons in recovery mode does not work so gapps can't be added.

Neither or these roms have bluetooth support.
Both show the device as having 512MB of ram instead of the 380 or whatever that others show. I don't know why.
Both are standard livesuit images.
Both will make your tablet show a Point of View image on boot.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:03:34 PM by jcoleman2164 »

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
Re: Airpad XL 4.0.3 and 4.1.1 roms, If anyone is still interested.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 07:55:13 PM »

Point of View sells tablets based on the same soc.
http://downloads.pointofview-online.com/Drivers/10%20Inch%20Tablet%20Firmware%20TAB-PROTAB2XXL%20Upgrade/
I have been using this one for a few months, it is very stable and fairly quick. The buttons are the only thing that doesn't work correctly but can be fixed with proper keylayout editing or files.
It is based on 4.0.3, there is one based on 4.0.4 but this one is much more stable.
Works great with the togglebar app for fullscreen use found here http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/31296-how-to-fullscreen-patch-works-even-in-games-apps/

http://downloads.pointofview-online.com/Drivers/10%20Inch%20Protab25XXL%20FirmwareTAB-PROTAB25XXL/
This ROM is Not Rooted!
I just installed the ROM from the file TAB-PROTAB25XXL-Android 4.1_201212011.zip not sure what the difference is from TAB-PROTAB25XXL8-Android 4.1_20121212.zip.
It seems to be very quick but of course the buttons have the same problem.
Buttons in recovery mode does not work so gapps can't be added.

Neither or these roms have bluetooth support.
Both show the device as having 512MB of ram instead of the 380 or whatever that others show. I don't know why.
Both are standard livesuit images.
Both will make your tablet show a Point of View image on boot.

If there is any interest I could probably edit 4.1.1 to fix the keylayout, recovery, boot graphics to say Airpad and maybe root. I don't know about bluetooth support though.

jcoleman:

I would be glad to try any builds that you do and give an honest assessment.  I would love to try Jelly bean 4.1.  I have it on my cellphone and it is as great an improvement over ICS as ICS was over Gingerbrerad.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:01:21 PM by cjhallx »
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

BuBuSpidecky

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
  • Hammie is my Hero
Re: Airpad XL 4.0.3 and 4.1.1 roms, 4.1.1 with Airpad Branding.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 11:53:18 AM »

JC: Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!

Can I do this as an upgrade?

Does anyone know how to Upgrade Trebuchet without loosing my desktop(s) configuration?

Cheers,
BuBu

Cheers,
BuBu

Out of my mind...Please Leave a message!

jcoleman2164

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 04:01:56 PM »

No this can't be done as an upgrade.
Also this is not a Cyanogenmod release, it uses Launcher2 instead of trebuchet.

cjhallx

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 06:11:25 PM »

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/AirpadXL411.img
So far this seems to be the least buggy and quickest rom I have tried. Very nice.
Rooted.
No bluetooth support.
Bugs: The touchscreen driver is reporting the same scan code for the search and menu buttons, they are both set as menu buttons currently.
        ClockWorkMod Recovery freezes device. Normal recovery is only usable with a usb keyboard. Recovery shouldn't be required as GAPPS is already installed.

Does this come with Google Play?
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

jcoleman2164

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 07:55:52 PM »

Yep, it has the usual Google apps.

cjhallx

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 02:03:23 PM »

Jcoleman:

Did you try these file edits for the buttons that you originally posted for ICS 0301?

Change these files in /system/usr/keylayout to get the buttons working.

axp20-supplyer.kl
key 116   POWER              WAKE

ft5x_ts.kl
key 139   SEARCH
key 102   BACK            WAKE_DROPPED
key 158   HOME            WAKE
key 217   MENU            WAKE_DROPPED

sun4i-keyboard.kl
key 102       VOLUME_UP
key 115         VOLUME_DOWN
key 139       VOLUME_DOWN
key 217       VOLUME_UP

Remove any other lines from those 3 files.

jcoleman2164

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 08:27:18 AM »

That is how I did it, the problem is that ft5x_ts.ko the driver for the touchscreen which includes the buttons returns the same scan code of 139 for either button.  I have tried drivers from other releases but I get version mismatch problems, I have used a hex editor to change the vermagic but then I get a different error.

cjhallx

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 03:43:30 PM »

Thanks. One last question:
Is the problem only with the physical buttons?  Do the screen buttons that were introduced with ICS work correctly?
I appreciate your time.

jcoleman2164

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 07:29:29 PM »

It's just the phisical buttons.  Actually I changed the line in ft5x_ts.kl from search to menu, you can set 139 to do whatever you want but the physical search and menu buttons will do the same thing.

BuBuSpidecky

• Hammie is my Hero
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 02:06:55 AM »

JC;
Just reread your post

I recommend replacing the default media player with MX Player and filemanager with es file explorer. I may do this myself in any future rom versions.
I also highly recommend replacing the default keyboard with thumb keyboard though it is not free.

I'm using Christian Troy's CWM based recovery v6.0.1.0 for A10 and don't seem to be having the freeze problem problem.

Trebuchet: I should have clarified my question...In your last build of ICS, I want to UPGRADE Trebuchet to 0.2 without loosing my desktops. Does anyone know How to Do This? I don't really want it on 4.1.1.

Cheers,
BuBu
Cheers,
BuBu

BuBuSpidecky

• Hammie is my Hero
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 01:25:07 AM »

Hi All...

After  B:( B:( B:( Because I couldn't write to my EXTSD and searching and searching, I found....

this   http://forum.yarvik.com/showthread.php?5268-External-SD-card-is-read-only-in-Jelly-Bean  Copied Below...

To make a small XML edit, get that 179_1 file off the SD Card and get access back...

Using a text editor app like Jota (available for free on the Play store)
Edit file /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml

Find:
 <permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
    <group gid="sdcard_rw" />
</permission>

Replace with:
<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
    <group gid="sdcard_rw" />
    <group gid="media_rw" />
</permission>

Save/Reboot.

Cheers,
Tim
Cheers,
BuBu

cjhallx

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 10:22:37 PM »

I cannot get the Live Suit Pack update tool to work using Win7 64-bit. The driver is not compatible. Anyone know where to get the latest update/driver ?

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 07:31:36 PM »

I had no problem with upgrading..i use the drivers that came with livesuite

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 07:34:08 PM »

I like this version...it runs fast and no issues yet...still had to use the 1.8.1 Netflix but it works fine. some apps would not install from play but they did from my backup.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.