Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A and AHP 3.318  (Read 2840 times)

leonpc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A and AHP 3.318
« on: March 10, 2013, 08:44:54 PM »

I had AHP 2.7X installed on an old Windows2000 PC and things worked.  Now that I have some amount of time on my hands I have decided to review and renew my X-10 installation (and in some cases I am glad and in other cases I am regretting it)  One of the things I decided to add was the ActivePhone Pro plugin, which does not run on Windows 2000.  So I updated the system to W XP.  With ActivePhone Pro came a link to the new version of AHP (v3.318)  In the re-installation of the software I actually lost the install package of the old version and so, even having read of all the issues with the later versions of AHP decided to install it in any case.

The problem that I have now is that when I try and clear the memory of the CM15A before downloading new timers it would show that it clears the memory to about 95% and then it just hangs.  When you try and program the CM15A, it does the same thing.  It just does not complete the programming of the CM15A.

I have reset the CM15A by unplugging it and taking out the batteries.  I have left the batteries out for a while, in the process of doing some other things.  I have replaced the batteries with new batteries.  But it is still doing the same thing.  So the CM15A is not functioning in that way.  I can still control devices from the computer interface and see updates so obviously the USB interface is working.  Have anybody else seen behavior like that?  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Leon

babybearjs

Re: CM15A and AHP 3.318
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 12:56:42 AM »

leon, sounds like my problem. I updated the software and now only some of my timer events are working.... funny thing though.... I have all the timers set to go off at 12AM daily (house going to sleep) and that part works just fine... the main problem I'm having is getting things to turn on.... I have a table lamp and the dinette chandeleir set to go on at sunset+15 min. and they wo'nt go on.... but the units will work with any remote device that is set to that code... (L) I have to replace the phase bridge though.... bought one years ago that was suppose to be "X10 Compatable" and its tuned for just the Ista-On system. maybe thats where my problem lies...but I did have problems with the software....   John

gfriedman

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 01:10:58 AM »

I have cm15a winxp and AHP 3.318.  No problems like the hang at 95%.  Maybe try new USB cable or run in safe mode.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 06:15:42 AM »

Maybe default now soft start on an older before soft start wall switch. On commands may not work.
Soft Start On commands are an Extended X10 message. Old modules do not respond to.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Newer_WS467s_and_Preset_Dim

Easttexasdragon

• My Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 12:14:21 AM »

Had the same problem, I could turn things on using the turn everything on in the top right hand corner but not from the icon, I could turn it off with the icon, Then I noticed that there was a list of older modules so I switched to the older LM465 Icon and it worked so I switched the rest of them, All works now.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 10:28:29 AM »

I've noticed that X10 did the big Do-Do when they gave the soft-start modules the same title as the older modules so you have to be very careful when using them.  I have marked all "soft-start" modules with "SS" so I can always get the right modules for the right job.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

PK

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 03:14:15 PM »

Same problem - had too reconfigure my lamp modules/switches as the older non-softstart version.  Many thanks to dave w & Texas.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.