📸Cameras & Camera Software > AirSight Cameras

Updated firmware for Windows 8 / IE10

<< < (2/5) > >>

Walt2:

--- Quote from: pkspx on May 05, 2013, 12:58:20 PM ---x10 moderator, I understand the feature in IE to switch back but I need these cameras to work as advertised on the site. Who do i need to speak with to get these problems resolved ? I am the IS/IT director for a large company who has spent $600 on these cameras and the owner is more then pissed.

--- End quote ---

Since you are on basically a peer-to-peer help site, if you could elaborate on your problem(s), possibly someone here could help.

I just installed an XX41A camera, and got it all up and running with just my basic networking knowledge (like selecting compatibility mode in IE 10).  Everything from WiFi to port forwarding, was pretty much straight forward (a pun?).   Is there something that I could convey from my personal experience to an "IS/IT director for a large company", I would be glad to help.

pkspx:

--- Quote from: Walt2 on May 20, 2013, 09:44:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: pkspx on May 05, 2013, 12:58:20 PM ---x10 moderator, I understand the feature in IE to switch back but I need these cameras to work as advertised on the site. Who do i need to speak with to get these problems resolved ? I am the IS/IT director for a large company who has spent $600 on these cameras and the owner is more then pissed.

--- End quote ---

Since you are on basically a peer-to-peer help site, if you could elaborate on your problem(s), possibly someone here could help.

I just installed an XX41A camera, and got it all up and running with just my basic networking knowledge (like selecting compatibility mode in IE 10).  Everything from WiFi to port forwarding, was pretty much straight forward (a pun?).   Is there something that I could convey from my personal experience to an "IS/IT director for a large company", I would be glad to help.

--- End quote ---

Okay so some of these comments are me shooting from my hip. But who can blame me !

Where do I start with these garbage cameras ?

Thankfully I got a hold of a tech who I have been working with over the past month.

This is what an X10 TECH HAS TOLD ME so far;

1. Can not set motion detection in IP CAM client, settings do not take effect properly and need to use IE and KEEP open ALL DAY long to record.
2. Don't follow the manual that the X10 camera came with, it is wrong. Use Wiki site. (tech site me link) Hey x10, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SEND ME A PRODUCT WITH A INCORRECT MANUAL ?
Camera IRIS and FOCUS is NOT programed. Okay, so why is it THERE in the client ???????? Tech response is that firmware needs to be programed to make it happen. CHOP CHOP X10 !!!
3. Anytime you make any changes, firmware update, ect, ONLY use the IP camera web portal via IE. (WHAT THE HELL x10 !!! MAKE A PRODUCT THAT IS STRAIGHT FORWARD, NOT HALF BACKWARD)

What I've found and helped the tech learn;
Windows 7 users, Run IE as administrator, use IE developer tools to set IE to use as IE7. Go to web cam IP address, click download Active X, right click Active X and run as administrator.  Reopen IE, go to IP address of camera, won't load until you click the tools button on portal, let IE crash, reopen IE, relogin. (I have seen this on MULTIPLE Win7 PCS. FIX THIS STUFF X10 !!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL ???

So I we also bought these cameras because as advertise shows and iPhone and says is able work on mobile devices. WRONG ! You need IP CAM VIEWER a THIRD PARTY client to make all the cameras work.

I ordered the cameras on my American Express card, I outta reverse the charges.

pkspx:
I wan't to speak with MR George Stevenson HIMSELF ! 

Brian H:
pkspx; Thank you for passing on the information you have gathered from being able to get information from an X10 Support person.
It maybe a help to other users and potential purchasers decisions.

Walt2:

--- Quote from: pkspx on May 22, 2013, 08:58:30 PM ---1. Can not set motion detection in IP CAM client, settings do not take effect properly and need to use IE and KEEP open ALL DAY long to record.

--- End quote ---

Possibly things are different with different models of the cameras, but at least on mine, one can set it up to "record" to an FTP site.   IE, nor a connected PC, is required, once set up.

--- Quote from: pkspx on May 22, 2013, 08:58:30 PM ---2. Don't follow the manual that the X10 camera came with, it is wrong. Use Wiki site. (tech site me link) Hey x10, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SEND ME A PRODUCT WITH A INCORRECT MANUAL ?

--- End quote ---

Surprise surprise surprise.   On-line manuals and instructions can be more up-to-date than hardcopy printed manuals.  However, by reading the manual that came with my camera, I got to understand some of the really nice features of the camera.   Maybe you should try to read yours, before getting yourself so upset.

--- Quote from: pkspx on May 22, 2013, 08:58:30 PM ---3. Anytime you make any changes, firmware update, ect, ONLY use the IP camera web portal via IE. (WHAT THE HELL x10 !!! MAKE A PRODUCT THAT IS STRAIGHT FORWARD, NOT HALF BACKWARD)

--- End quote ---

The interface uses ActiveX, and that's basically IE.    Since most people either use IE, or have IE installed, that should be a problem.   It wasn't for me, and I am not even an IT Manager.

--- Quote from: pkspx on May 22, 2013, 08:58:30 PM ---So I we also bought these cameras because as advertise shows and iPhone and says is able work on mobile devices. WRONG ! You need IP CAM VIEWER a THIRD PARTY client to make all the cameras work.

--- End quote ---

I have no problems viewing my camera with both my phone and my tablet.   On both, I have the Chrome browser app, and can use it to easily view live video from my camera.

My only problem, is that the dumb IT manager here at work, has something set in the firewall that prevents me from accessing the live video on my PC here at work.  Though, I can just as easily use my phone.    :'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version