Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Everything has stopped working, after 2 years of great service.  (Read 22102 times)

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
Re: Everything has stopped working, after 2 years of great service.
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2013, 09:07:26 AM »

I have a Lumoform 120V 4W LED light that is the worst noise source I have ever run across, but the Feit PAR30 LED lights we bought from Costco a few months ago register no noise at all on the XTBM.

I wanted to add that the dimmable Feit LED bulbs would not work on a standard (non X10) dimmer switch unless there was an incandescent included in the string.

Jeff
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:31:55 AM by JeffVolp »
X-10 automation since the BSR days

PK

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2013, 03:08:15 PM »

Everything now works as expected.  Apparently my original CM15A is defective, it is years old and well out of warranty.  Also, my original lighting program did not work with the latest version of ActiveHome without converting the lamp modules/switches to non-softstart.  Once I made this change and downloaded the program into the new CM15A the lights began to turn on/off automatically.  Many thanks to dave w and Texas for their guidance.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2013, 06:07:25 PM »

Congrats!!  As I posted elsewhere here, X10 did the big boo-boo when they didn't change the part numbers on the soft-start modules( A BIG BOO-BOO), so you can't tell what's what until you use one.  I marked all my soft-start modules with "SS" in indelible ink so when I go in my X10 box I can't whats soft-start or not.  I use a couple of soft-start modules in the attic where they aren't a problem.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.