Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airsight PTZ Pro camera flashing like crazy  (Read 1385 times)

ptomblin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airsight PTZ Pro camera flashing like crazy
« on: March 19, 2013, 02:45:27 PM »

I've had the Airsight PTZ Pro hooked up for a week or so now using a POE connection, but today it has started flashing annoyingly.  On the live video feed, it flashes between too bright and too dark faster than once a second, and there are lots of video artifacts.  This flashing lasts a few minutes, and then it stops for a while. It also generates motion alarms with email and ftp uploads during these episodes.  Switching between "outdoor" and "60Hz" doesn't seem to change anything.  Neither does rebooting the camera.

I've seen hints that people have had similar problems with Fosscam and other similar cameras, and it seems to require a firmware update.  I'm on 17.35.2.41

Video of the flash: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwmrts3drz5lvyh/camera_flash.MOV
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:04:08 PM by ptomblin »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Airsight PTZ Pro camera flashing like crazy
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 08:45:00 PM »

It appears the video is flashing in direct relation to the tree branch in background moving in the wind. I would investigate that.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: Airsight PTZ Pro camera flashing like crazy
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 08:18:55 AM »

ptomblin,

I can't tell from the video that you posted, but the camera is either oscillating between night and day modes, or is oscillating due to marginally excessively bright ambient light (perhaps sun glare).  If this continues, try changing the angle of the camera slightly.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.