Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airsight PTZ Pro works with Security Spy Software on MAC  (Read 1973 times)

JG1967

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Airsight PTZ Pro works with Security Spy Software on MAC
« on: March 19, 2013, 05:02:26 PM »

Newbie here and my first post.  :)%

A few weeks back I bought two Airsight PTZ Pro camera's for use with my MAC Mini only to find out you lose some functions when using them with a MAC computer. Specifically the ability to record video and the PTZ functions due to the lack of ActiveX on the MAC. Kinda defeats the purpose of having the camera's if you ask me.

Well I was determined to find a solution to my problem and through some research (and dumb luck) I found a program for MACS that works beautifully with the Airsight PTZ Pro camera's. The program is Security Spy and it works beautifully. I have full function of the camera, PTZ, recording to hard drive or FTP Server, email alerts, every thing works. The software even has some advanced functions that the X10 Camera Client doesn't have.

Whats even better is you can download a demo and try the software for 30 days before buying it. That's exactly what I did and so far so good. I'm loving it!!!

So if you have a MAC computer and want full control of your Airsight PTZ Pro, Security Spy is the way to go!

Jim

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: Airsight PTZ Pro works with Security Spy Software on MAC
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 08:24:08 PM »

Newbie here and my first post.  :)%

The software even has some advanced functions that the X10 Camera Client doesn't have.

My question is those advance functions? Do they work?

The IP camera client can be put into automatic sweeping/postioning that the IP camera tool doesn't do.

There are diagonal function in the IP camera client which doesn't do anything with the PTZ.

and after the 30 days, whats the cost?

JG1967

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Airsight PTZ Pro works with Security Spy Software on MAC
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 08:54:39 PM »

I haven't tried all the functions yet but I can use the presets to set the camera to a desired position. I can also move the camera manually using the directional controls. It will also allow me to zoom in and out. As far as a preset repeating scan path I haven't tried it yet. I'm still reading through the manual and learning how to use all the features.

One of the advanced features I like is the ability to upload both image and video files to a FTP server or record video to your hard drive. The cost of the software depends on how many cameras your using. I'll post a link to the company, they have more information and a manual to download.

http://www.bensoftware.com/securityspy/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:02:48 PM by JG1967 »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.