Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Uploading photos on airsight cameras question.  (Read 2374 times)

ethyl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Uploading photos on airsight cameras question.
« on: March 20, 2013, 07:39:15 AM »

I recently set up my cameras to respond to motion, upload photos to my computer and send me emails with the photos attached. All of this works well but only if my computer is on. I don't have to be logged into the cameras to have them function but what do I do when I leave for several months? I know I have to leave the router on 24-7 so I can access the cameras remotely which I can do but leaving my computer on 24-7 while I'm gone isn't going to work. I'm really not sure where to go from here. Once I leave and the cameras are alarmed for motion where do I upload photos to? What is alarm notification by http????
Thanks,
Jim

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: Uploading photos on airsight cameras question.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 08:01:07 AM »

Ethyl,

You have four options. 1,2, and 3 do not require that the PC is on.
1) Send photos via email.
2) Upload images via FTP.
3) On a XX39A or XX59A, you can record to the SD card.
4) Leave a PC on and record video. This is the only option that requires that the PC is on 24/7.

ethyl

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 08:50:04 AM »

I'll give option 1 a try since my 3 cameras don't have SD cards. PTZ and two wide angles. What is http alarm notification? How does FTP work?
Thanks for the help.
Jim

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 01:19:27 PM »

I'll give option 1 a try since my 3 cameras don't have SD cards. PTZ and two wide angles. What is http alarm notification? How does FTP work?
Thanks for the help.
Jim
Here is a problem if you have motion and a lot of movement within camera range. The email notification will upload 6 images per notification. 3 motion trips and you ll have 18 images in your email box. If you have your cellphone to notifiy you have email ( like gmail ) it gets annoying every piece of paper, person, bird, headlights that pass the camera motion field.

The alarm notification... your computer would beep when motion is detected if its on letting you know.

FTP: you can automatically upload your pictures when motion is detected to your website.

ethyl

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 07:21:35 AM »

Your right about the alarm and uploading dozens of photos. I did notice that on all three cameras you had to be pretty close to trip the alarm. I have one camera pointed at my garage door 30 yards away and no matter what setting I used I couldn't get the camera to alarm when I walked to the door. I actually had to walk within 10 feet of the camera (wide angle outdoor) to get it to trip.  Is this the norm on these cameras? Other then that the cameras are working fine remotely and that's a plus for me.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 09:57:39 AM »

In the camera's menu, select "other" and "alarm service settings". You can select the motion sensitivity - it can be a fine line between sensing too much motion and not enough.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.