Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: XX59A camera issues  (Read 8713 times)

philip.milazzo@gmail.com

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: XX59A camera issues
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 02:51:07 PM »

Still nothing from X10 except assurances. April 29 will be one month from confirmation of my replacement order.

( Greg.. ) Hello, Thank you for contacting X10.com.

Have you seen the Airsight Collection? X10 has IP Cameras starting under $100! Click for more details!!

- May I have your email address or phone number so that I can contact you in case we get disconnected?

( Greg.. ) I am sorry for the delay. We ran into a shipping delay with FedEx but the cameras will be arriving to us on Wed and your camera should be shipping out this Wed or Thurs.
( Philip Milazzo ) That's the same story I've gotten since March 29, including last week. I know about the weekly Wednesday shipment. When did you last get one?
( Greg.. ) We did receive a small shipment
( Philip Milazzo ) Where is my order in the queue? I cannot accept "next week" indefinitely.
( Greg.. ) I will make sure your order is shipped this week.
( Philip Milazzo ) Please do. Thank you.

josw71

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 07:17:55 PM »

They tell me the same thing but they will get it to you, I do believe that. They are coming from china to them but they also sell them on eBay under their own brand name apexis so they are filling their own orders as well as making them for x10. All the HD IP cams I have tried are network hogs just FYI so expect to run Ethernet to them for them to work properly but the pix quality is worth it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:32:59 PM by josw71 »

philip.milazzo@gmail.com

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 08:03:06 PM »

I'm not worried. I finally got a shipping notification and tracking number today. I should have the cameras in two days. And I can fish Ethernet cables to the planned locations. I even have a five-port switch that's looking for something to do.

josw71

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 08:29:47 PM »

Great, you can try wireless first but there seems to be a delay and that could just be my overloaded wireless part of my network. They must make them wireless for a reason.

philip.milazzo@gmail.com

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2013, 09:51:30 AM »

My replacement order for two xx59a cameras arrived earlier this week. Both pass all the connectivity and electromechanical tests. I have one operating on my wireless network and the specified ports forwarding so I can get to it remotely. Nifty!

JG1967

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2013, 02:40:45 PM »

Did you get another xx59A or a different camera?

philip.milazzo@gmail.com

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2013, 04:15:16 PM »

I chose two of the same xx59a I returned two of in March. This model does everything I'm interested in doing and was reasonably priced. Some folks called it junk but I can deal with network performance limitations and software quirks. When I get the cams placed somewhere useful I'll publish a URL so folks can see my quiet little corner of Norristown, PA.

luisch80

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2013, 10:30:40 PM »

Got mines over a month ago and had many issues trying connect it wirelessly or not always consistent, so i gave up on it. I now have have it connected directly to my router and no issues so far, i can connect to it at home and on my iphone  100% of the time. I recommend using a DNS service to connect to your camera on your smart device and of course use the port forward option on your router, this has been the best fail safe method for me. I use Livecams pro on my iphone..best app by far!..specially over the p2pcam64 piece of @#$#$% app. Just wanted to share my experience  >!

philip.milazzo@gmail.com

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2013, 12:39:57 PM »

I'm in business with the xx59 camera. Take look.

http://c4557.airsight.net:81/

User and password are x10.

It's not the most exciting view but the camera is solidly on my wireless network, it's accessible from the web and image quality and response to commands are very good. Motion detection and mailing photos is working nicely. The important details are having a good IP address, correct port forwarding and wireless network range if you're using it. Here's a tip that might help: do the camera configuration on a wired network; let DCHP assign an IP address; then set it to static; now check the box under wireless network.

The web interface just works. Sometimes my iPhone or iPad doesn't send a movement command, but a quick screen resize cures that.

Oh the label underneath the camera base gives the MAC address of just one network adapter. Each camera has two adapters. I'd like to see a bigger label giving both MAC addresses.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2013, 02:51:55 PM »

I'm in business with the xx59 camera. Take look.

http://c4557.airsight.net:81/

User and password are x10.

It's not the most exciting view but the camera is solidly on my wireless network, it's accessible from the web and image quality and response to commands are very good. Motion detection and mailing photos is working nicely. The important details are having a good IP address, correct port forwarding and wireless network range if you're using it. Here's a tip that might help: do the camera configuration on a wired network; let DCHP assign an IP address; then set it to static; now check the box under wireless network.

The web interface just works. Sometimes my iPhone or iPad doesn't send a movement command, but a quick screen resize cures that.

Oh the label underneath the camera base gives the MAC address of just one network adapter. Each camera has two adapters. I'd like to see a bigger label giving both MAC addresses.

I am in New York... i tried your link above... does not work.

I get the log in screen and after entering the user/password i get this page info

Caution as below:
1. No video activeX has been installed on your computer.
2. The ActiveX installed is not the latest version, please re-install it.

ClickDownload the ActiveX Then install the ActiveX,Refresh the browser,and see the video

Tried downloading the ActiveX and it wont download.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2013, 03:06:50 PM »

I got the same results as richy2.

philip.milazzo@gmail.com

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 04:02:41 PM »

Well, that's not what I had in mind for everyone.

If you get the login screen, I take it to mean you're getting to my camera. I had it going like crazy this morning. I could control it from Safari on my Verizon iPhone with the WiFi disabled. It detected me cutting the grass and mailed me lots of photos.

Last thing I did was to put my Verizon message address in the SMTP settings so motion detection notifications will pop up on my phone as well as going to my Gmail address. I'll go back to one address and see what happens.

What I see right now  is "normal" operation for a few seconds, then the video panel disappears leaving just the controls. I put the camera on the wired network and rebooted without an improvement.

This won't be a whole lot of fun if I have to reboot it every time there's a wrinkle. B:(

richy2

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 04:09:24 PM »

Well, that's not what I had in mind for everyone.

I could control it from Safari on my Verizon iPhone with the WiFi disabled.

With wifi disable its using Verizon's Cell Phone Network using the airsight.net info.. but wouldn't work if you use the normal IP address 192.x.x.x:portnumber.

richy2

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 04:18:17 PM »

If you get the login screen, I take it to mean you're getting to my camera. I had it going like crazy this morning. I could control it from Safari on my Verizon iPhone with the WiFi disabled. It detected me cutting the grass and mailed me lots of photos.

Yep....you get 6 pics each notification. after 1 minute. it resets and the next notfi gets you 6 more pics.. GETS PRETTY annoying after awhile especially if it detects a piece of blowing paper.. the tree.. a cat... who knows.. might detect the bird flying by.

philip.milazzo@gmail.com

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2013, 04:39:43 PM »

Yup, I'm using the DDNS address when I'm on the Verizon 3G cellular network and my internal IP address and custom port when I'm on my home (WiFI or Ethernet) network. Both get me to the camera. It seems to be what happens after I log in that's the trouble. And I tried my admin and visitor login too.

I'm about ready to restore factory defaults. It shouldn't be necessary, but...
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.