Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Active Phone Pro  (Read 10136 times)

nvrpc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Active Phone Pro
« on: April 07, 2013, 09:14:03 AM »

I'm a little concerned with active phone pro security. I set this up just like the dialog box asked for putting in my e-mail address and checking the box ( Using WiFi Security ). It sent and e-mail message with the link I can use when on G3 or G4 and one I can use to access my active Home AM 465 / 466 in each room. That's all good and works well but it appears to use port 87XX and then use one of the four 128 bit encryption code my router used to keep the bad guys out. As you well know this active home controller is plugged into the USB port of the machine all the time. What prevent port scanners from finding port 87XX, start running a random keycode breaker on my IP address and eventually have full access to whatever is on my hard-drive. It appear that what this program does is opens port 87XX on the PC without having to go through the router. Please explain in detail how this is secure.

gfriedman

Re: Active Phone Pro
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 05:08:35 AM »

If you are concerned about wifi security then configure it to connect thru your router in 3G mode.  This is how I always connect even inside my house so it is forced thru the firewall.

nvrpc

Re: Active Phone Pro
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 11:22:12 PM »

If you are concerned about wifi security then configure it to connect thru your router in 3G mode.  This is how I always connect even inside my house so it is forced thru the firewall.

I have a new problem I didn't think would occur. I configured my active phone pro as I should and checked WiFi security. I then sent the message to my e-mail address. I went to the ipad and open the e-mail and there were two links, one for 3g and one for Wifi. I saved one as WiFi and one as 3g and both worked well in WiFi and 3g.  I went back a few days later, opened my browser and then opened the link in WiFi and tried it, it DID NOT WORK, I then went to 3g, opend the browser and opened the link, IT DID NOT WORK, anyone know why. I have no reboted my router or my PC and my IP address is the same as well as the .104 assigned to my PC. What is going on. I hope this is NOT normal

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.