Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM11A and FireCracker  (Read 2256 times)

newbeginning

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM11A and FireCracker
« on: April 07, 2013, 11:00:22 AM »

I have been watching X10 stuff for years and just recently got a deal on some modules but realized I needed a computer interface to get them to work the way I needed them to. I ordered a CM11A and a FireCracker offline thinking I would need both to do the wireless control and computer control but wonder, Will they work together properly or will they fight each  other in the software. I have the active home SDK which works ok for the wired modules. Any help would be appreciated.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: CM11A and FireCracker
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 11:33:37 AM »

Do you have any interface like a CM15A now?

CM17A Serial Firecracker or the CM19A USB Firecracker RF Computer Interface.

Later versions of AHP can be used with a CM11A serial controller and the CM19A with a TM751 or RR501 to receive the RF commends from the CM19A. Along with the original AHP CM15A Controller.
I know when you choose the CM11A in AHP the USB CM15A or CM19A are not available.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:35:09 AM by Brian H »

newbeginning

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 01:58:07 PM »

I am using active home version 1.4 which seems to work ok. I am working with an zero budget so if I have to pay for it right now it ain't going to happen. I just figured out that I have to burn macro's to the controller before they work. Just a newbie. I did get the firecracker device at the same time I got the cm11a thinking if I was lucky I could connect them in serial if I needed to but don't know how well if at all that would work.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 02:06:40 PM »

Thanks for the updates.
I never knew there was a Active Home SDK. I have only seen the Active Home Pro SDK.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 03:48:19 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean by connect them in serial. I don't recall anyone ever trying to control both from the same serial port but, in theory, it might work. The CM11A uses RXD & TXD while the CM17A uses RTS & DTR.

Also, I never used any of X10's software or SDKs, preferring to do my own coding. What language are you using with the SDK?

I think both the CM11A and Firecracker are sufficiently documented that you can write your own interface, doing away with any SDK.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.