Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: H.264 Camera Died  (Read 1451 times)

finman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
H.264 Camera Died
« on: April 07, 2013, 09:47:24 PM »

I have an H.264 camera and it died recently.  Worked great for about 6 months.  The other day I looked at the camera and it was pointed in a weird direction.  I unplugged it and it will not reset or reboot and the camera will not work.  I can ping the static IP address I have loaded into the camera.  I have tried to reset by pushing the reset button for 30 plus seconds with the power on and it will not work.  When trying to login using Internet Explorer it does activate the software in the camera, however I can't make any changes to the settings as it states "Failed to Login."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  How do I FORCE a reset on this camera.  The head of the camera does show some signs of wear as maybe this camera went into a continuous rebooting like I have read these camera do.  The only noise I hear is if I put my hand close to the lens I hear clicking like maybe it is sensing movement.

Please help.  I hate to just trash the camera.  Will think twice about purchasing another one.   B:(

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:52:30 PM by finman »

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: H.264 Camera Died
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »

I have an H.264 camera and it died recently.  Worked great for about 6 months.  The other day I looked at the camera and it was pointed in a weird direction.  I unplugged it and it will not reset or reboot and the camera will not work.  I can ping the static IP address I have loaded into the camera.  I have tried to reset by pushing the reset button for 30 plus seconds with the power on and it will not work.  When trying to login using Internet Explorer it does activate the software in the camera, however I can't make any changes to the settings as it states "Failed to Login."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  How do I FORCE a reset on this camera.  The head of the camera does show some signs of wear as maybe this camera went into a continuous rebooting like I have read these camera do.  The only noise I hear is if I put my hand close to the lens I hear clicking like maybe it is sensing movement.

Please help.  I hate to just trash the camera.  Will think twice about purchasing another one.   B:(

With the xx40a camera, one of things that happens.... i could start recording pressing record but not stop it pressing record again. also couldn't change the path settings.

I had to add the cameras ip address to IE trusted sites for it to work correctly.

If all else fails, i would try to putting my computer back to a earlier time things were working right or in the extreme, put the computer back to the orginal factory settings and start from scratch.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.