Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SC15A Image Burn-in  (Read 3979 times)

djdebry

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SC15A Image Burn-in
« on: April 08, 2013, 09:42:13 AM »

I recently got my X10 SC15A wired camera out of storage and when I tested it, saw a previous
image ghost on the TV. The camera still works but the ghost image clouds the picture. Yes, I did
clean off the lens and protective cover, so it is not dirt. The ghost is a previous view of my old
front door which is where I had the camera trained during its first use. It is not a problem with
the TV

I'm not sure what kind of hardware is used in the camera (CCD or other image processsor) but
I did try to de-gauss the camera with a rather strong horseshoe magnet to no avail. What can I do?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: SC15A Image Burn-in
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 10:27:26 AM »

The SC15A sales page says CMOS Sensor.
http://www.x10.com/cameras/sc15a_s.html

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: SC15A Image Burn-in
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:36:17 AM »

I doubt it is permanent. Burn-in on an old camera with tube pick-up could be remedied by pointing camera at a light source for a few minutes (at the expense of the tube phosphors). I'm not sure what could cause burn-in on a CMOS sensor, but do recall that CMOS has a substrate amp for each pick-up pixel. Don't know if long term fixed image could cause some type of "permanence" in the conduction of these amps or not, but predict the burn-in will eventually go away. $0.02
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.