Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: lets be honest X10 IP cams are bad  (Read 4969 times)

josw71

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
lets be honest X10 IP cams are bad
« on: April 16, 2013, 06:49:26 PM »

bad firmware bad customer service just plain bad Foscam knew they had problems and they fixed their firmware and IU X10 wont do anything but send bad used stuff as new
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 06:56:09 PM by josw71 »

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: lets be honest X10 IP cams are bad
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 09:57:06 PM »

bad firmware bad customer service just plain bad Foscam knew they had problems and they fixed their firmware and IU X10 wont do anything but send bad used stuff as new
Honestly then.. here goes

I have had no problems with x10, customer service or any of their products since 2000.

Deliveries have been fast.. customer service answered my questions promptly and i will purchase again from them.

any problems i had setting up my camera was due to ME not fully reading the directions.
some people may say they set up cameras from other companies and have had no problems.. i say HOG WASH.. If you check the forums of the company of other ip camera sellers, they have similar problems, other complaints and no technology is fully perfect.

sometimes its not the product....

richy2

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 06:26:55 PM »

Call their number or email right now and see how long it takes to get a live answer, I been with them at least that long if not longer and their other products were fine and service was great but not now my friend. They send certified like new as new without your permission and wide eyes that wont focus properly etc. I don't feel like going on and on. Here look at my cams (limited time) tell me what ones have the best quality.
http://70.106.131.39:8097 user x10 password x10

Your camera may not be setup correctly...

I tried your link on ny computer which brought up blue iris software that it wants me to update active x. I don't use Blue Iris so there no need for me to download update active x for it.

i m using the AIRSIGHT SOFTWARE that came with my x10 camera.

I also tried your link with the same app ( IPCAM VIEWER BASIC) i use to view my camera on my android phone. My camera works with the app, YOURS link gives me this error message

CAN NOT CONNECT TO THE HOST OR PORT

i should be able to connect to your camera easy which doesn't mean its defective.

Did you get your camera to work using the airsight software?

About

I have called the number when i didn't get my order in a timely fashion.. I got someone within 5 rings. I have emailed them questions.. I got a answer in 24 hours.. i Have posted a question in the forum.. I got a reply from repair dept. in a timely fashion as well.

I have brought the day/night cameras in the past.. i have purchased at least 8 of them in the past.. i Have to retuen 1 or 2.. i have purchased light switches.. remotes, timers, pan/tilt and now im using the xx40a and i have had not problems at all.

You mention cert like new.. well my camera IS CERT LIKE NEW and has been working flawlessly for the pass 6 months.

Let me try your link with the AIRSIGHT software that came with it an see if your claims are valid and not because Blue Iris may be the fault.

and yes. i tried your url and im not downloading blue iris active x / update which is what it telling me to do when my airsight software works perfectly.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 07:11:04 PM by richy2 »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 08:38:00 PM »

and I really don't care if the moderator deletes my post. Because he cant touch Angie.
FWIW
With only a few exceptions X10 does NOT delete negative posts. The exception posts are posts with uncalled for, over the top, vulgar condemnations, threats, etc.
I gotta give 'em credit there.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

josw71

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 06:00:47 PM »

Full access  http://b9071.airsight.net:8099 user admin password blank

jrwhit

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 06:25:19 PM »

Josw71,
Thanks for posting your camera access link. It works great. Sorry to hear about your support woes but I think your camera looks great!

richy2

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 12:32:07 PM »

Sorry as I was cleaning up I accidently unplugged it, its back up now but here's my problems with this cam:
Tilt up and it goes to blur because of the IP gel to low or cam not low enough in dome, zoom in then out, focus is great zooming in but out it is terrible.
If you PT to the right look at the white doom (I have 3 of them) that's a a cam too and it works great (yes I know my house needs painting bad, and I will get that done this summer) but I have that integrated into my Blue Iris NVR system. For all of you that have 4 cams up (no matter what brand) I highly recommend the Blue Iris NVR software they update the software constantly and are always adding cams for compatibility to their software. for those that would like to see them all work at one time (google blue iris its perfectly safe) (limited time) you will have to click on BI's active x and allow it is:
 http://josw.dyndns.org:8097 user x10 password x10
This is live from Wilderness VA (and I have limited bandwidth and lucky to have that)
Just got a look-see at your camera from NY
This is what i see ( i included a pic of yours and 2 of mines zoomed out ).... about 1/3 of the top of the video is out of focus.. my first thought was some kinda of film ( that protected the dome in shipping ) was still stuck to the dome, but the dish in the picture is clear.

I guess thats a drive way going to the road/street and the tree seems to also be out of focus zoomed out. zoom in its ok but there still is that out of focus about 1/3 at the top of the vidieo all away across even zoomed in.

Don't know if you tired to set the focus manually inside the dome to better both zoomed in / out as best you could..

Personally.. i would want X10 to give me a different camera or my Money back if it was within the warrantly or if you brought the extended warranty...

josw71

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 03:50:33 PM »

Thank You Richy for looking and your advise.
I email Billp and super at x10 with the camera address so maybe they will look at it to.
You are very helpful.

richy2

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 09:22:39 PM »

Thank You Richy for looking and your advise.
I email Billp and super at x10 with the camera address so maybe they will look at it to.
You are very helpful.
I also took a look at your camera

Which camera is this?

at night.. Yea. this camera needs to be replaced.

When i panning it goes out of focus until it stops but even still .. it out of focus.

I but there going to tell you to remove the dome and adjust the lens to focus until its better ( or worst). Even then you would need someone to view the video while thats even being done.

Here are the same two pics at night that i posted in the post above.

richy2

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 10:28:16 AM »

Zoomed Out and Zoomed In Pics

Can we read the letter on the truck across the street from camera.

richy2

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 10:30:10 AM »

Zoomed Out and Zoomed In Pics

Can we read the letter on the truck across the street from camera.
For some reason both pics wouldn't show on the same posting.

stoneyc

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 08:14:18 PM »

yea your right they wont update firmware or anything to fix wireless issues or anything contacted them several times they cameras aren't any good without firmware updates foscam constantly updates they firmwares to fix issues

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.