Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WIFI Only  (Read 2026 times)

southview

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
WIFI Only
« on: April 21, 2013, 08:24:00 AM »

I have only WIFI connection to the internet, being that I live in an apartment with no hard wired network connection to a router.  That said... How do I wire and connect my XX40A  and XX42A Cameras to the internet?  

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: WIFI Only
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 07:19:36 PM »

I have what I would call a "reverse WiFi router" (I am not sure what their name is... ask a nerd).   I needed it for my TiVo to connect to my WiFi network.

Anyway, it connects to a wireless WiFi network, and offers hardware Ethernet ports for devices.     I connected my camera up to that, initially for setup.   At the end of the setup, I entered all the info needed for the camera to start using WiFi, and (permanently) disconnected the wire.

Let me add, that if you have a friend with a Ethernet port, you could bring the camera over there, set it up including all the info for your WiFi network, and then bring it back home.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 07:21:29 PM by Walt2 »
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.