Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: xx41A Wide Eye Camera Feedback  (Read 3271 times)

JG1967

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
xx41A Wide Eye Camera Feedback
« on: April 26, 2013, 10:42:13 PM »

Considering getting one of these for use inside my garage and I'm looking for some feedback. If you have one do you like it and have you had any issues with it? How is the motion detection sensitivity and the night vision ?

Just asking because I have one of the HD camera's and it's junk as far as I'm concerned.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: xx41A Wide Eye Camera Feedback
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 11:23:31 AM »

Considering getting one of these for use inside my garage and I'm looking for some feedback. If you have one do you like it and have you had any issues with it? How is the motion detection sensitivity and the night vision ?

Just asking because I have one of the HD camera's and it's junk as far as I'm concerned.
Take a look at my xx40a outdoor dome ptz at ( see it day / night )

http://e7489.xipcam.com

user: x10
password: x10

I am thinking of getting some indoor cameras so let me know why the HD camera is junk.

JG1967

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 02:38:15 PM »

I think the HD camera is junk because of the problems I've had with them. I ordered two camera's, when I got them one was DOA and the other seemed fine. I emphasize seemed fine. The bad camera I had replaced with an xx40A. The second HD camera I put in my garage and the replacement xx40A was going on the back of my house.

After a week of having the HD camera in my garage I removed it. It alarmed at every thing! I was getting 30 - 40 email alerts a day from this camera. This was on what is supposed to be the lowest setting. Did a test and put the xx40A in the garage to see how a different camera would react. Thought maybe it was where the camera was located. The xx40A works like a charm, a false alarm here or there but nothing on the scale of the HD camera.

The HD camera is now inside but I leave the motion detection off. The video quality is very good but I'd be very careful about ordering one. Seems like getting a good one is a crap shoot.

I will say this though, no complaints about X10's customer service. Got right through to them on the first try and they took back and exchanged the defective camera with no questions asked. Had my replacement camera five days later.  >!

Mud Pie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 09:12:50 PM »

I have three 41A's in my house, but as of right now I do not have alarming, notifications, etc. enabled, as I just installed it two days ago.  That is next weekends project.  ;)

I have internet access, wifi access, all with not a hitch.  Picture is more than satisfactory for a surveillance camera.  Panning/tilting with my smartphone while at work is invaluable. I would recommend them to anyone.  In fact, I ordered two outdoor PTZ Pro's just this morning.

I plan on enabling everything, but in the back of my mind I have my bedroom closet light motion detector....I set it to turn on when the door is opened, off after 15 minutes of no movement.  Simple.  Every now and then at night, under the door I'd see the light cycle on and off.  Turns out every time the AC kicked on, a few shirts would flutter, kicking on the light.  B:(  Now disabled after trying every setting that thing had.

Is anything moving in your garage that can kick on the camera ?  Mice ?  Worse yet, a big freakin' rat ?  I don't know how sensitive the monitoring is; but something is kicking it on !

JG1967

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 09:39:23 PM »

Installed the wide eye camera in my garage and it works perfectly, no false alarms whatsoever  >!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 12:09:36 PM »

Installed the wide eye camera in my garage and it works perfectly, no false alarms whatsoever  >!
Except for the spider episode.  :D
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

lm0928

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 04:16:38 PM »

Richy2,
Tried to access your camera but could not???

stoneyc

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 08:21:17 PM »

these are not true wide eye cameras if you look at specs on there web site under the wide eye specs its diagonal wide eye which means up and down its not really wide eye true wide eye cameras are horizontal I no I bought one of there wide eyes

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.