Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Remote Access  (Read 8173 times)

sparkie951

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Remote Access
« on: May 02, 2013, 01:43:50 PM »

One nice feature  -:)  that I would like to see is remote access for when I am away from home and be able to control my house while not being there... I already have 16 cameras that I can monitor and control from anywhere. I can control my Thermostats (Honeywell) and Garage Door (craftsman) from anywhere in the world, not to mention my weather station.

There is a device by Web Mountain Technologies that produces a device model RUC-01 that will interface with the X10, but is over priced. I would like to see an Android app to where I can control all of my lights and work with the WS32 software to control my house.

Just imagine how you could mess with a thief's mind... Watching him on camera and turning lights off that he turns on, or when he walks in a room turning the lights on and off, as well as turning on music, and if you want to have fun with it, turn on sound sound effects.... Would love to see him walk into my bedroom and hear recordings of Gun Shoots going off.

With the technology that X10 has already and in an affordable market, I feel this would be a great addition. I would personally pay for it as well as a web subscription to use it.

Sparkie  >!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Remote Access
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 02:23:39 PM »

Remote access is available with Activehome Pro and the Myhouse plug-in. Other plugins will allow extras and more control.
However many have found the X10 server to be less then satisfactory.
You may find what your looking for in thirdparty software if you don't mind running more then one program.
As for an android app there are lots out there, some have more functions then others.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

fitbrit

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 02:43:27 AM »

Remote access is available with Activehome Pro and the Myhouse plug-in. Other plugins will allow extras and more control.
However many have found the X10 server to be less then satisfactory.
You may find what your looking for in thirdparty software if you don't mind running more then one program.
As for an android app there are lots out there, some have more functions then others.

How can one go about buying the Myhouse plug-in?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 06:52:11 AM »

fitbrit;
Do you have a CM15A and AHP software?
Myhouse plugin is for AHP.
Here is the wiki link if you care to look at it.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/MyHouse_Online

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 08:16:50 AM »

As Brian stated Myhouse is part of Activehome Pro.
If you already have a cm15,cm11,or cm19 you may wish to look at some of the third party options.
TAC with PCC may suit your needs.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

fitbrit

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 12:09:26 AM »

As Brian stated Myhouse is part of Activehome Pro.
If you already have a cm15,cm11,or cm19 you may wish to look at some of the third party options.
TAC with PCC may suit your needs.
 >!

Thanks, Brian and Tuiceman. I do indeed have AHP and a CM15 (and CM19). I was unable to find a way to buy further plugins, so that is why I was asking - in case I missed a clear link in the labyrinth that is the X10 website. Thanks for the additional information.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 07:28:28 AM »

With AHP loaded you can access info on all plugins by clicking on the plug-in tab at the top.
Clicking on info next to the plug-in your looking for will bring up a web page that you may order from as well.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.