Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: no cam view over internet xx39  (Read 3156 times)

pkspx

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
no cam view over internet xx39
« on: May 04, 2013, 11:16:06 AM »

The camera works PERFECT  :)% from INSIDE the network. OUTSIDE I can NOT view the camera image using the Server Push or Quick Time login through FireFox or IE using IE 7,8 or 9.  HOWEVER, The SAME laptop is able to view the camera image PERFECT when on the same LAN.

Any suggestions >? As a work around, I have just clicked the MOBILE check box to view the cameras outside the network.  It cannot be the firewall because the mobile view works fine and the IP CAM VIEWER APP on my iPhone works perfect as well.  >!

ANY help is appreciated, I'm looking for a super hero that can solve all these issues, I'll even be willing to pay for a special firmware update to make this all work flawlessly. Thanks,  :)%

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: no cam view over internet xx39
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 12:07:13 PM »

The camera works PERFECT  :)% from INSIDE the network. OUTSIDE I can NOT view the camera image using the Server Push or Quick Time login through FireFox or IE using IE 7,8 or 9.  HOWEVER, The SAME laptop is able to view the camera image PERFECT when on the same LAN.

Any suggestions >? As a work around, I have just clicked the MOBILE check box to view the cameras outside the network.  It cannot be the firewall because the mobile view works fine and the IP CAM VIEWER APP on my iPhone works perfect as well.  >!

ANY help is appreciated, I'm looking for a super hero that can solve all these issues, I'll even be willing to pay for a special firmware update to make this all work flawlessly. Thanks,  :)%

Did you check the box to work wirelessly?

You need to go to the sofeware>click on Network>Wireless Lan Settings>Scan ( wait 30 seconds) then click Scan again

IMPORTANT: You may have to click Scan a few times... ( Its in the manual )
I just did mine to confirm and had to click scan 3 times

In the list that shows your routers name>highlight yours> check box USING WIRELESS LAN> THEN unplug your camera from the router
( i am assuming it was still connected from setup)

You should be good to go. Have a freind outside the network access your video.

Richy
http://e7489.xipcam.com
User x10
password x10
You will see a

pkspx

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 12:56:09 PM »

Richy, I am using Ethernet. Do iI still have to enable that feature to work though ? I wouldn't be surprise if it did, since half the features in the web portal or hoaky anyways.  >*< but we've all been there before so moving on. Come on X10, update us with a firmware that works.

richy2

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 02:53:24 PM »

Richy, I am using Ethernet. Do iI still have to enable that feature to work though ? I wouldn't be surprise if it did, since half the features in the web portal or hoaky anyways.  >*< but we've all been there before so moving on. Come on X10, update us with a firmware that works.
I m surprise you didn't try yet.

pkspx

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 03:44:15 PM »

So what you are saying is I can not view the camera over the internet while it is directly connected to the data port on my router ? It has to be connected as a wireless camera ??? I would have thought this is an issue with the configuration I have setup on either the camera or the firewall.

pkspx

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 03:48:05 PM »

By the way, Issue is ONLY with Firefox and IE on computer over internet. The IP Cam Viewer APP for iPhone WORKS. So now i am going back to something with the camera over internet. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

richy2

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 04:00:28 PM »

So what you are saying is I can not view the camera over the internet while it is directly connected to the data port on my router ? It has to be connected as a wireless camera ??? I would have thought this is an issue with the configuration I have setup on either the camera or the firewall.

If the camera is connected to the router port.. that would be connected WIRED.

For wireless, you need to set up the software to work wirelessly by going to the software Network link then
Wireless Lan setting > Scan ( wait 30 second ) click scan again .. wait.. if necessary click it again... ( NOTE: I HAD TO CLICK MINES 3 TIMES BEFORE IT FOUND MY ROUTER )

in the list find your routers name ( the same way you would if you set your computer up to work wirelessly ) HIGHLIGHT the router name > submit > after it reboots re-run the software. It should work.

Mud Pie

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 09:19:46 PM »

What I learned (the hard way) is when making pinholes in your router firewall (also called port forwarding) for the cams, you can NOT create a range for open ports; such as ports 8000-8011.  That, for some reason, will NOT work.  Should, but don't.  Create a pinhole for EACH camera; camera one-port 8000.  Camera two-port 8001, etc., etc..

When I got past the "undocumented feature"  ;), all cams worked perfectly from the outside world on my smartphone, laptop, iPad Mini, Archos internet tablet.....
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 09:21:33 PM by Mud Pie »

pkspx

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 10:48:02 AM »

The issue is with Internet Explore, has to be. Across the internet the IP CAM VIEW client works great on the iPhone and checking the mobile check box displayes the camera images across the internet.

PLEASE does ANYONE have a resolution to this problem ?? X10 Where are you at ? We have spent nearly $600 and the system DOES not WORK as ADVERTISED !

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 11:30:57 AM »

This is a user to user type forum.
Except for X10 Repair Depot, I doubt any X10 employee even checks the forums.
Best to call or email X10 Customer Support.

pkspx

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 11:49:07 AM »

never mind the problem is fixed.

You have to set ALL three rules for THREE ports on the cameras in the firewall, RISP, Mobile, and Media ontop of the web server port.

ALL is working now !

Now we can see ALL 4 cameras over internet.  (Laymen's terms) Can now view Fort Lauderdale house camera in Cleveland now.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 11:57:36 AM by pkspx »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.