Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Settingup camera xx42a  (Read 3076 times)

tonydepo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Settingup camera xx42a
« on: May 14, 2013, 08:37:45 PM »

Is there a way to set up the camera thru a laptop using hard cable?  Reason being is I lost wifi from the camera and want to see what it is doing without taking it down from the 2nd story outside location.

Please give me instructions :)  Also, what is the default IP for the camera too.

Thanks

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: Settingup camera xx42a
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 09:37:09 PM »

Is there a way to set up the camera thru a laptop using hard cable?  Reason being is I lost wifi from the camera and want to see what it is doing without taking it down from the 2nd story outside location.

Please give me instructions :)  Also, what is the default IP for the camera too.

Thanks

how long of a cable are you going to use... You could get a 50 - 100 ft hard cable, unless you re taking the computer closer to the camera , still i don't think it would work that way.. since your camera needs to be connected to the router...

another though is if you remember the info like ip address , subnet mask, gatewy, dns server port .. could you enter those your self?

or just unplug the camera and let it reboot and correct itself.. guessing here

im going out on a limb an say. ur going either have to get that hard long cable or taking it down.. either way you need to get close enouh to touch the camera even the way your asking to plug the cable into the computer an camera.

i guess.

tonydepo

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 09:58:43 PM »

I have a laptop to connect to the camera.  Just don't know the default IP to make sure my laptop can connect to it though.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 09:20:01 AM »

Since you are not connecting to a hub or router, wouldn't you need a "cross-over" cable?
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/34C3163EFAC9F30E86256B8F0060AD0C
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 09:26:25 AM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

richy2

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 10:55:12 AM »

I have a laptop to connect to the camera.  Just don't know the default IP to make sure my laptop can connect to it though.

You might be able to try the cameras default DNS address.. thats the ip that may look like this

x7333.airsight.net

or

if you had port forwarding in the router, shouldn't that default ip be there?
i know i have to add it to my router for port forwarding.

tonydepo

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 05:59:31 PM »

Just got a response back from Tech support:

"Hello,
No, there is no way to do that. To do that you'll need a long ethernet cable to
run from your camera to your router. At that point it will probably just be
easier to dismount the camera and take it inside for a moment.
"

Wow, to me this is a design flaw for sure.  What if someone mounted the camera in a very hard location.  Need to unmounts to fix the ip issue or check.. Hmmm... ready to look for a better camera system.

JG1967

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 05:11:53 PM »

Wireless hook up on these cameras is a joke IMO. I never got any of my cameras to work wirelessly. Instead I use Netgear Powerline adapters to connect directly to my router. I'm running 50 ft CAT5 cable and have had no issues. Cameras work great, never a dropped feed and connect super quick.

tonydepo

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 05:17:33 PM »

So, I dismounted and brought the camera inside.  I hooked the camera up to my router and guess what..  Nothing can be found.  I tried a different port, I tried a different cable, I tried a reboot, I tried a reset on the camera.. nada..  Waiting on tech support again for their opinion.  I want to say it is dead.

richy2

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 10:02:37 PM »

So, I dismounted and brought the camera inside.  I hooked the camera up to my router and guuness what..  Nothing can be found.  I tried a different port, I tried a different cable, I tried a reboot, I tried a reset on the camera.. nada..  Waiting on tech support again for their opinion.  I want to say it is dead.
I have my laptop on 24/7. This morning it seems a windows update knock my camera offline.. when restarted i got the little red x on the video screen.. thinking i had too.. i ran the active x again, did all the trouble shooting......reverted back to 1e9.. nothing worked..

so i went  and put my computer back to the day it was working ok, did a windows update ... and low an behold.. every thing worked right.

what was interesting.. i could see the video using the ipcamera client. but it wouldn't work using ie unitl i did what i just said.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.