Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Multiple Cam recording  (Read 1540 times)

GTPETE

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Multiple Cam recording
« on: June 08, 2013, 05:06:08 PM »

Hi fellas  I have recently purchased PTZ airsight pro cams and have everything running correctly.  I do have one question that i cannot seem to get an answer to:  is there any way to record the motion only on multiple cams?  so that i would be able to get small files of motion only depending on what cam they were detected on?   Appreciate the assistance if you can help.

Pete

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: Multiple Cam recording
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 11:03:05 AM »

Hi fellas  I have recently purchased PTZ airsight pro cams and have everything running correctly.  I do have one question that i cannot seem to get an answer to:  is there any way to record the motion only on multiple cams?  so that i would be able to get small files of motion only depending on what cam they were detected on?   Appreciate the assistance if you can help.

Pete

If i am understanding your question.. let me try.

First, I just tired to record 2 cameras at the same time ( WITHOUT MOTION DETECTION ) by pressing the record.
NOTE. i opened 2 IE windows using each of the cameras IP ADDRESSES .. i did not use multi-view option.

Both videos did record in the same path settings.
NOTE: i tried to change the path for the camera to record to different sections of my hard drive.
when i change 1 path, the other path changes to the same path.

I must assume that you can not set 2 or more different paths for recording multi-cameras.

with the above test i must assume you can set the motion detection to record on each camera but they would probably record to the same path settings.
It shouldn.t be to much of a problem if you record to a external HD or a High Capacity SD Car

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.