Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airsight H.264 admin login  (Read 2926 times)

dwrede

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airsight H.264 admin login
« on: June 05, 2013, 11:31:27 AM »

My camera has been working just fine. Today I went to add a second user. Apparently you need Super Administrator privileges as the "add" button is grayed out on just my administrator account. So I tried to log in to admin. It will not log in.
I have tried username: admin password: null, admin admin, etc... I get the camera display black screen then a popup that
say "Bad password for 192.168.x.x"... , then it goes back to login screen. I have tried a manual hardware reset, a soft factory restore, holding the reset button in and powering on and off. Still cannot get admin to login.

Anyone with ideas to get admin to work? I have read several post on here similar, but nothing that has helped me.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: Airsight H.264 admin login
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 12:58:04 PM »

My camera has been working just fine. Today I went to add a second user. Apparently you need Super Administrator privileges as the "add" button is grayed out on just my administrator account. So I tried to log in to admin. It will not log in.
I have tried username: admin password: null, admin admin, etc... I get the camera display black screen then a popup that
say "Bad password for 192.168.x.x"... , then it goes back to login screen. I have tried a manual hardware reset, a soft factory restore, holding the reset button in and powering on and off. Still cannot get admin to login.

Anyone with ideas to get admin to work? I have read several post on here similar, but nothing that has helped me.
password should have nothing in it.. leave it blank

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 08:16:11 PM »

Page 13 of the instructions state:
3. SOFTWARE OPERATION
3.1 Software operation for IE Browser
Choose your desired language, input correct user name and password, then click “Login”
User name: admin Password: leave blank, i.e. no password.

That didn't work?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 03:41:37 PM »

You could try using the IPCamera Client.

You could try resetting your computer to a day it worked ok.

Clear you browsers cookies.

and make sure you haven't had caps lock or type a uppercase where a lowercase or viceversa.

It happens to the best of us.

dwrede

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 01:45:32 PM »

My problem solved ! It was me. I apparently did set up a password on the admin account to prevent someone else
from logging in.. Forgot I had done that it had been so long. And on my Laptop running Windows XP it did not show anything in the password box, so therefore I could not see that a password was being used, just a blank box. That is
why it did not take a null... But, later I used an Ipad and it showed grayed out *'s in the box. So I knew there was a password. Counting the number of characters I guess the password and got back in.... What confuses me still
is why a hard physical reset did clear and take the camera back to factory defaults. It cleared everything but the account information. The login info is not backed and documented !

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.