Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 2 cameras setup "anonymous:incorrect user" or " fail to connect.." Need help!  (Read 6541 times)

cismontguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

Hello,

I have 2 airsite outdoor cameras hooked up to my computer at work. One has been running for 1 year, OK, Bought another with wide angle lens this past week, when on sale.

I can get both to install OK by themselves. But I cannot see both cameras on the same Airsite control screen? I have port forwarding with 2 difference port #s. Using a Linksys WRT54G router. Both cameras are directly hooked up with a CAT5 cable, no wireless (never worked!). I can see both cameras on my LG Genesis cell phone! but cannot see on AirSite software?

The error message I get when I try to set up multiple cameras is; "Anonymous: fail to connect to the device: Can't connect to the device" 

or I get "anonymous incorrect user"  This has something to do with the camera's log in I think?

Anyone know how to work this? I did print out the 11 page instructions but they did not really address multiple cameras?

Thanks,

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6

Hello,

I have 2 airsite outdoor cameras hooked up to my computer at work. One has been running for 1 year, OK, Bought another with wide angle lens this past week, when on sale.

I can get both to install OK by themselves. But I cannot see both cameras on the same Airsite control screen? I have port forwarding with 2 difference port #s. Using a Linksys WRT54G router. Both cameras are directly hooked up with a CAT5 cable, no wireless (never worked!). I can see both cameras on my LG Genesis cell phone! but cannot see on AirSite software?

The error message I get when I try to set up multiple cameras is; "Anonymous: fail to connect to the device: Can't connect to the device" 

or I get "anonymous incorrect user"  This has something to do with the camera's log in I think?

Anyone know how to work this? I did print out the 11 page instructions but they did not really address multiple cameras?

Thanks,
Go do this in the software
Multi-device> refresh list ( you should see two cameras ip address) > cick on 2nd device

Alias NAME YOUR CAMERA ( EX: CAMERA 2 )
Host : this is the 2nd camera ip address in the list you just refreshed
Http port: thats the port address of the 2nd camera
user name if you made one ( default is admin )
password: if you made one ( default is left blank)

cick add
click submit
go back to the live video
right below the other tab you see 1 box - 4 boxes - 9boxes

click the 4 box

if your camera is live.. below the video screen. you should have two green circles if live.

the end

belmarcon

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

cismontguy:

I didn't see both of my cameras when I hit the "refresh" button on the multi-device settings because my computer that I want to look at the cameras from is not part of my LAN, so here's what I had to:

In the Multi-Device Settings List:
"The 1st Device" should say "This Device"
"The 2nd Device" should be blue, and you can click on it.  Do so.
"Alias" If you have already given it an Alias, enter it here.
"Host" this will be the IP address of your camera
"Http Port" this is the port number you've assigned to your camera
"User" camera user id
"Password" camera password

Then you have to click the "Add" button right below what you've just filled in.
Then click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.

You should now see your second device in the Device List.

cismontguy

Thanks for the two suggestions. I have tried all of these steps and they do not work for my issue? I am getting the same error when I try and load both cameras on one AirSite screen in the 4 up display.  I am uploading a screen shot of both the IP Camera Tool and the error message screen shot. It is weird that only one of the cameras shows its IP address with its forwarding port after the ":" ?

belmarcon

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

It looks like you don't have the first camera on that list assigned to a port.

richy2

Thanks for the two suggestions. I have tried all of these steps and they do not work for my issue? I am getting the same error when I try and load both cameras on one AirSite screen in the 4 up display.  I am uploading a screen shot of both the IP Camera Tool and the error message screen shot. It is weird that only one of the cameras shows its IP address with its forwarding port after the ":" ?
are you sure this is not your router Url 192.168.1.100 ?

If i was you i would change that camera from 192.168.1.200:8080 as it says in the maunal..

If it works.. then change the port to a number you like better.

go to the ip camera tool > right click on 192.168.1.100 > network config > change the 100 to 200 > change the portt to 8080

Go to your router> port forwarding tab > add the ip address and port number to the new one.

It should work.

cismontguy

I have tried changing the Router to a different number like 8080 but the router will not accept it. It gives an error message when you enter a 3 digit number. What is very strange is that I can see both cameras on my cell phone using IP Cam Viewer by Rober Chou for a Genisis phone but I cannot see it on the AirSite software. So I know the router is forwarding the port correctly, otherwise there is no way it would be working on my cell phone.

Any other ideas? Do any of you have multiple cameras working?

Cismontguy
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 09:20:51 PM by cismontguy »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

This is most likely a Windows IE bowser security setting issue. ???

Others have reported multi camera viewing issues on their desk tops but are able to view on their laptops. ???
This isn't just a Airsight issue.

My wife can't view multi cameras (other brands) on her laptop and needs to go to each camera separately.
She is running Windows 7Pro 64 bit.
I have no problem on my development PC running the same OS.
I also have no problem running Windows 8 64 bit on my laptop.
Since you can see both cameras on your cell phone I would assume your camera settings are correct.
Have you tried a different browser?
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

cismontguy

I don't disagree that it could be a IE issue but I have played with the security settings in IE, enabling and disenabling the different settings and testing it. Nothing changes with the Airsite software seeing only one camera

What I have found is that only one port forwarding # is showing on the Airsite controls, (see attached) and when I change that from one port # to the next that I have set up on my router, that corresponding camera comes on line?

richy2

I don't disagree that it could be a IE issue but I have played with the security settings in IE, enabling and disenabling the different settings and testing it. Nothing changes with the Airsite software seeing only one camera

What I have found is that only one port forwarding # is showing on the Airsite controls, (see attached) and when I change that from one port # to the next that I have set up on my router, that corresponding camera comes on line?
Have you added the camera to IE > security > Trusted site > site > add?

I have found out without me added  cameras to my IE... i could start a video to record.. but couldn't stop it with the stop button.

Here is a suggestion.. if you do the above.

try using one camera using port 80... then switch cameras using the same port... if both works... then keep one camera on port 80.. the second on port 81. then see whats what.. if that works .. try ports in the 100 range..

cismontguy

My 2 camera problem was solved. The Power Supply for one of the Cameras failed yesterday! So until I get a new power supply (see other thread on the forum for a reasonable $$$ source) I am without 2 cameras. Boy I love X10 stuff! rofl

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

My 2 camera problem was solved.
???
So how were you able to connect to both?
or are you saying you feel the power supple was the issue?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

cismontguy

No, I was not able to connect to both. The power supply died and so I do not have 2 working cameras. So until I can buy a new power supply for the one camera, I can only use one camera. To be continued... Although I will probably just buy some other brand of IP Camera software on line and use it, cause I am tired of wasting my time with AirSight's software.

richy2

No, I was not able to connect to both. The power supply died and so I do not have 2 working cameras. So until I can buy a new power supply for the one camera, I can only use one camera. To be continued... Although I will probably just buy some other brand of IP Camera software on line and use it, cause I am tired of wasting my time with AirSight's software.
My i suggest using Blue Iris software with your airsight cams.

They have a 15 day free trail and so far Blue Iris is better.. an has more features than airsight.

I don't have any connection to Blue Iris except as a user who saw other posts on x10 forum recommending blue iris an i tried the 15 day Free trail and loved it so much i brought the License key.

The free trail is a full verison.. you just have Blue Iris Demo in the middle of the screen.. other than that. you get full use for 15 days free.

Check it out.

cismontguy

Partial Success with 2 camera set up.

I found that by changing my security setting in my Linksys G router to "Filter Multicast" to OFF, the AirSight software WILL allow me to see my two cameras! So that is one problem solved for now.

Still unable to view any cameras on my workstation computer running Windows & Home Premium? Still getting the error message that "Anonymous: incorrect User, failed to connect".

I have tried a number of different settings for IE regarding ActiveX but am unable to get the camera software to work.

My Genisis cell phone has always seen both cameras. So I give up for now. Will check back later to see whether anyone has any new suggestions?
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.