Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trouble Configuring Email Notification  (Read 2774 times)

Goodlander

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Trouble Configuring Email Notification
« on: July 08, 2013, 02:49:31 PM »

I've spent most of today trying to set up my PTZ to send me emails.

I can log in remotely, pan, tilt and zoom all work great.

But no matter how I put the email info into the system, when I test it I get the message "fail.....cannot log on to server". 
 B:(

Are there some magic words you have to chant or something?

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: Trouble Configuring Email Notification
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 06:07:40 PM »

I've spent most of today trying to set up my PTZ to send me emails.

I can log in remotely, pan, tilt and zoom all work great.

But no matter how I put the email info into the system, when I test it I get the message "fail.....cannot log on to server". 
 B:(

Are there some magic words you have to chant or something?

You could try saying.. SHAZAAM

my replies are based on my gmail

did you put your mail address in sender and receiver field?

did you have smtp server like my gmail example             smtp.gmail.com

smtp for gmail 465

Transport Layer Security Protocol is TLS

need aut.. check box

SMTP USER AND PASSWORD IS the user/password i use to log into gmail.

TEST.. SUCCEED.

if you re using another email client. you need those smtp, transport layer security protocol..and your user name / password for that email.

Goodlander

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 08:11:08 AM »

I have two gmail accounts, one of which I set up just for this camera.  Both work, as in they send and receive email.

I have filled in all the info as you did, but still get the failure message.  "can not log on to server".   B:(

The internet service at the cam location is Comcast, so I even went to Comcast tech support (which was great btw) and used my Comcast email.  Same result.  

I had wondered if the router could be blocking the camera somehow, but I need to be at the property plugged directly into the router to access it.  Its 900 miles away.   :(

I'm hoping that someone here has the answer as so far I am getting only automated or generic responses from X10 support.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:38:04 AM by Goodlander »

richy2

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 09:24:15 AM »

I have two gmail accounts, one of which I set up just for this camera.  Both work, as in they send and receive email.

I have filled in all the info as you did, but still get the failure message.  "can not log on to server".   B:(

The internet service at the cam location is Comcast, so I even went to Comcast tech support (which was great btw) and used my Comcast email.  Same result.  

I had wondered if the router could be blocking the camera somehow, but I need to be at the property plugged directly into the router to access it.  Its 900 miles away.   :(

I'm hoping that someone here has the answer as so far I am getting only automated or generic responses from X10 support.

It seems that your smtp user name / password is not letting you log in to gmail in the software.

Log into your gmail account to make sure the user name an password is correct. If you can log in to gmail.. make sure they are correct in the mail settings of the software.

You are using the exactly setting i am for gmail? the only thing different should be the email address an password.

and to be even more sure.. what did you put for
sender
receiver 1
smtp server
smtp port: 465
Transport Layer Security Protocol: TLS

Need Authentication < did you check this box?
smtp user
smtp password

DID YOU CLICK SUBMIT FIRST. THEN CLICK TEST

Goodlander

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 07:19:39 AM »

Did all that.  And yes, I verified the correct user name and PW for the gmail account more than once by logging in to gmail.

I think I need to clear all the fields, hit submit and then reboot the camera, but I don't know how to do that.

richy2

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 11:13:18 AM »

Did all that.  And yes, I verified the correct user name and PW for the gmail account more than once by logging in to gmail.

I think I need to clear all the fields, hit submit and then reboot the camera, but I don't know how to do that.

Open the software>Multi-Device>Restore to factory settings
NOTE: Everything you entered into the email settings will be removed as well as anything else you entered in other parts of the software

Write them down if necessary to add later

or you can go make a backup ( i would do both)
system>backup & restore> save to computer

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.