Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: xx34a not sending email anymore. PLEASE HELP!!!  (Read 3920 times)

gmjohn

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
xx34a not sending email anymore. PLEASE HELP!!!
« on: July 16, 2013, 10:21:27 PM »

Hi, I have 4 xx34a cameras connected to my router to do surveillance at  my office.  I was receiving emails fine when there was motion detected. A couple of months ago I stopped receiving emails.  I have tried everything I can think of.. tried making a new gmail address (this is what x10 support recommended) I've tried creating separate emails for each camera,  I've emptied my email folders,  made sure everything was set correctly on my email address that I have set to receive emails, and verified that everything id correct in my mail service settings.  When I run the test it says that it has succeeded and when I go to my email it show a test email received but that is all I ever get from the cameras.  I do get the test email from all 4 cameras.   If anybody has any ideas that may help me I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks!!!!!

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: xx34a not sending email anymore. PLEASE HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 12:56:55 PM »

Hi, I have 4 xx34a cameras connected to my router to do surveillance at  my office.  I was receiving emails fine when there was motion detected. A couple of months ago I stopped receiving emails.  I have tried everything I can think of.. tried making a new gmail address (this is what x10 support recommended) I've tried creating separate emails for each camera,  I've emptied my email folders,  made sure everything was set correctly on my email address that I have set to receive emails, and verified that everything id correct in my mail service settings.  When I run the test it says that it has succeeded and when I go to my email it show a test email received but that is all I ever get from the cameras.  I do get the test email from all 4 cameras.   If anybody has any ideas that may help me I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks!!!!!
This is going be my dumb comment of the week...

NO motion detected!
end dumb comment.

Have you tried only activating one camera motion detection.. to see whats what.
then a second.. third.. then fourth.

I pretty much don't like the airsight software.. so i use Blue Iris software.

I am pretty much in love with it... ok i don't love it... but i do have feel it is better than airsight software.

BryanTX

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 02:11:38 PM »

I agree. Blue Iris software is great with whatever you need to do. The iPhone app is great to view what your camers have recorded. Yes your going to hear the price is a little high but remember you get what you pay for. Plus you don't have to have a window open. It runs as a service.  #:)

gmjohn

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 02:20:26 PM »

Ok, so first off not such a dumb comment richy but it is a hotebusiness office  and we have lots of guests .  Also after posting my comment I did some additional reading and am going to try the Blue Iris software.  However my next question is that I am the manager so I run the computer and the cameras, however my boss who is the owner of the business also likes to check in and view the cams remotely. Will we also need to install Blue Iris on his computer or will he still be able to just type in the web url?  Thanks so much for your help guys!!!  I'll let you know what I think of BI!!

BryanTX

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 02:35:59 PM »

Blue Iris has it's own web log in. He will be albe to use it. Or tell him to by the smart phone app.  >!

BryanTX

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 02:39:04 PM »

Also go to www.cam-it.org  You will find everything you need on Blue Iris software.

gmjohn

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 03:06:27 PM »

rofl on him getting a smart phone app!!  When we told him he would be able to watch a camera in his home of the office which is 100 miles away he was amazed!!  And he just recently got a cell phone.  Now for my dumb question I will need to be at the router to actually hook up the cameras to the software, correct?  I have the software downloaded now and am getting familliar with it and will be at the office tomorrow.   Thanks again. and thak you for that link!!!!!

gmjohn

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 03:51:20 PM »

Sorry my bad, should have read the instructions first ;D  !!!!!   Ignore my dumb question, it was really dumb!!!!   THANK YOU   >!  >!  >!

BryanTX

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 07:55:31 AM »

When setting up your XX34A in Blue Iris you will use the Brand/Model "APEXIS APM Jxxx/6xx" and all you need to set in the video is that model and brand and the ip and port.

My best info I can give you is to use the "SEARCH" on both this board and Cam-it. You will have to configure your router to port forward in order to use the web and smart phone app.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 02:54:50 PM »

When setting up your XX34A in Blue Iris you will use the Brand/Model "APEXIS APM Jxxx/6xx" and all you need to set in the video is that model and brand and the ip and port.

My best info I can give you is to use the "SEARCH" on both this board and Cam-it. You will have to configure your router to port forward in order to use the web and smart phone app.
Why use APEXIS APM Jxxx/6xx in Blue Iris instead of XX10 Airsight in Blue Iris?

BryanTX

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 03:59:47 PM »

Why use APEXIS APM Jxxx/6xx in Blue Iris instead of XX10 Airsight in Blue Iris?

A year ago when I was first Starting to use BI that's what I was told to use and was in the list.  If Ken added XX10 recently I did not know it.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.