Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Web" port and "Media" port??  (Read 4348 times)

JRobyn

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
"Web" port and "Media" port??
« on: July 16, 2013, 11:39:16 AM »

Can anyone say exactly what the differences in function are for these ports? 

Using the IPCamClient for my xx39a, and attempting to view remotely, I can attach to the camera and view if I specify the 38401 "media" port.  If I try to use the "web" port (which I have set to 8001), the IPCamClient repeatedly attempts but fails to connect.  I am sure that I have both ports open and working on the camera's router, since I can view it using IE9 and Chrome (using port 8001).  The IPCamClient works fine using port 8001 when I am on the camera's local network (NOT remote).

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: "Web" port and "Media" port??
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 11:50:53 AM »

Can anyone say exactly what the differences in function are for these ports? 

Using the IPCamClient for my xx39a, and attempting to view remotely, I can attach to the camera and view if I specify the 38401 "media" port.  If I try to use the "web" port (which I have set to 8001), the IPCamClient repeatedly attempts but fails to connect.  I am sure that I have both ports open and working on the camera's router, since I can view it using IE9 and Chrome (using port 8001).  The IPCamClient works fine using port 8001 when I am on the camera's local network (NOT remote).
I believe you need to use the DDNS URL to view remotely. Not sure though.. but what i did was open my client.. added my ddns url for the camera and i did get video... i was at home when i did this so .. try using the ddns url while you re remote.. see if that works.

JRobyn

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 04:19:51 PM »

No way to add the DDNS URL with the IPCamClient (ver 1.9.0.27) - only IP address.  And I need to use/specify the port even with the DDNS URL when I am using a browser.

richy2

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 12:46:51 PM »

No way to add the DDNS URL with the IPCamClient (ver 1.9.0.27) - only IP address.  And I need to use/specify the port even with the DDNS URL when I am using a browser.

Your reply.. made me try.

I deleted my verision ( 1.9.0.24) and downloaded the ver 1.9.0.27. i added my camera with the url and added it with the ddns.. They are both working as i type.

Keep in mind i am at home. as i would have to try outside my Home lan.. but you can...try using the ddns url.
dont know why you couldnt add it since the only difference in the basic setup section is the url change.. the port is still the same..

JRobyn

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 09:13:09 AM »

Not sure I know the right way to insert an image, but if I did it right, the "Add H264 Device" window should be below.  As you can see, there is no place to enter anything except an IP address.  Exactly where are you inputting an URL or DDNS??

JRobyn

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 09:32:03 AM »

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:02:34 AM by JRobyn »

richy2

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 03:04:09 PM »

Not sure I know the right way to insert an image, but if I did it right, the "Add H264 Device" window should be below.  As you can see, there is no place to enter anything except an IP address.  Exactly where are you inputting an URL or DDNS??

When i run my IP client..

I click on H264 to highlight it
sightly above that i click on add device
then click choose H264
the new window.. opens..
device name AIRSIGHT
ip 192.X.X.X
PORT> 80
View account
View password

and this is version 1.9.0.27

JRobyn

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 02:58:53 PM »

Exactly!  So where are you entering the DDNS?  Under the PORT entry?

richy2

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 07:31:57 PM »

Exactly!  So where are you entering the DDNS?  Under the PORT entry?
exactly where the IP address is suppose to go.. instead of putting the ip camera 192.168.x.x i put the ddns which on my camera is a letter followed by 4 numbers.airsight.net

it looks like z1234.airsight.net.

in other words i have the xx camera using the ip url and the same camera using the ddns.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.