Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: installing AHP on a new PC... help please....  (Read 6169 times)

farmerj

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
installing AHP on a new PC... help please....
« on: December 02, 2013, 10:30:06 PM »

I want to install AHP on a new PC, but I have lost the software and also my registration codes.  The software is currently running fine, and I can see my cameras online because I have plugins iWatchMobilePro and iWatchOut (as seen when I pick Help -> About...).

Anyone know how I can retrieve my registration codes and get a copy of the software?

(are the codes in my Windows registry perhaps??)

Re: installing AHP on a new PC... help please....
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 12:11:50 AM »

My hard drive was crushed. I need to reinstall AHP. Even I have registration codes. But it doesn't work. Becuase during installation, the software needs to connect to x10 server to verify the registration code. But x10's server is down forever. I don't know whether x10.com is out of business or not. No any customer support phone number can be called. Dring installation, there is an error message tell you the server cannot be found and abort it. So far, my Vanguard, AHP and others software could not be installed. I have called www.thehomeautomationstore.com support. This is a different company from X10.com. The agent told me they might be will re-setup x10.com server to support x10.com customers within a month.

uh60james

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 11:36:52 PM »

So they will activate prior purchases from x10.com if they get the servers up?  Very good news if true!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 07:42:34 AM »

X10 went out of bussness in Aug 2013, Authinx bought the web domain and has all files.
They are slowly moving things over to their servers.
The forum its self was down for several months and didn't appear we would see it again.
I'm not sure when file retrieval will be up or registration access but it does appear they are working on it. :)%
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

uh60james

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 11:48:18 PM »

So the new x10.com is authinx, is thehomeautomationstore.com also authinx?  That would make sense if both sites are claiming to be working on getting the servers up.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 06:17:16 AM »

For awhile they had some CM15A AHP Kits, now out of stock again.
They where sending the new user an email with a secured download link. So I also hope the older registration servers will be on line soon.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 08:46:49 PM »

So the new x10.com is authinx, is thehomeautomationstore.com also authinx?  That would make sense if both sites are claiming to be working on getting the servers up.

I had emailed thehomeautomationstore.com and asked them about their Web Site and if they had expectations of having software available again. there reply was:

Subject: X10 software
Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting us.
We are working towards reinstating the servers online unfortunately we are unsure how long it will take. We are estimating towards the beginning of the year is when the software will be available again.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

I don't know if they meant they hoped to get the rights for the former X10 software... or if they were/are working with Authinx to be a full-fledged X10 vendor. I do know other vendors used to sell X10 products AND software.

The exciting news is that X10 software and modules (even newly designed/engineered modules) will be available again. YEA!!!

Home Automation is an always changing technology

flameout

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 11:15:35 AM »

I'm kind of in the same boat. My Activehome Pro software was running great on my old Win XP PC but I bought a new computer and can't find anyway to transfer the program to my new Win 7 PC. (I'm not even sure what the name of the file is called to search for it on my old PC) Right now I am  running my Activehome Pro from my old PC so I could at least update all of my settings to have my lights come on earlier since it's getting dark out much earlier now. It's a temporary fix for now, so I sure hope tthings are back to normal soon

uh60james

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 06:09:09 PM »

I'm kind of in the same boat. My Activehome Pro software was running great on my old Win XP PC but I bought a new computer and can't find anyway to transfer the program to my new Win 7 PC. (I'm not even sure what the name of the file is called to search for it on my old PC) Right now I am  running my Activehome Pro from my old PC so I could at least update all of my settings to have my lights come on earlier since it's getting dark out much earlier now. It's a temporary fix for now, so I sure hope tthings are back to normal soon

These two threads are worth reading.  http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=641.0 and http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=607.0

My solution since my hard drive crashed was to install the Marmitek version of AHP and I am back up and running.

HA Dave

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 06:36:36 PM »

... My Activehome Pro software was running great on my old Win XP PC but I bought a new computer and can't find anyway to transfer the program to my new Win 7 PC.....

It can't be done. AHP is a program.... programs are installed on the Operating System. And... during this [short period] of X10 being out of business the X10 servers have been off-line. It is the X10 servers that unlock new X10 software installs. So... anyone wanting a new X10 software setup has been out-of-luck since summer.

Some people have tried using the Marmitek (Euro X10) version of AHP. I've been considering a new setup myself and was thinking I'd also try the Marmitek AHP. But now... with X10 returning I am going to wait for the reintroduction of AHP and the smartphone software.... or maybe even the new interface. Honestly.... I am excited as a kid at Christmas about the return of X10 products and new modules and software. I can't wait to make purchases.

Tucson

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 07:13:20 PM »

My hard drive also crashed. I want to install AHP on a new PC, I have the software and my registration codes. But due to lack of a server, I can not install the SW.

I wish there was a way of knowing the server :-[ is up with out check every day.  :-[

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 07:45:39 PM »

Well if the servers come up I hope the email one for the Forum also does. ::) :'
If that is the case you'd get a email if someone posted to this thread about it. ;)
You could also join another forum like mine ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 08:27:17 PM »

You could also join another forum like mine ;)

I am making a daily "rounds" of various Home Automation forums.... hoping to keep up with whatever is happening. It is so nice to see things are happening.

localuser

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 11:48:57 AM »

fortunately about the time all of this started happening, I ran wireshark and grabbed all of the data that is used for the registration process.  Since the registration was over http only, it was super simple.  Its a small xml that looks like this (where filling in the val's with the correct val's is required

<X10Register>
<RegRequest ver="1" success="1">
<FailureReason val=""/>
<ActivationKey len="40" val="{key}"/>
<RegistrationKey len="40" val="{regkey}"/>
<CheckKey len="40" val="{checkkey}"/>
<UserKey len="40" val="{userkey}"/>
<UserName len="11" val="{key}"/>
<ProductID val="0x000F00010320201F"/>
<CurrentTime val="139560429700000000"/>
<ValidStart val="0"/>
<ValidEnd val="0x7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"/>
</RegRequest>
</X10Register>

You would also need to set your hosts file to point to the server where such an application was listening. 

I could see why its a bit troublesome for the new company if they don't have the customer database with all of the registration keys. Interesting enough I found that there are a variety of combinations you can use for the values that seem to work.  But unfortunately I don't want to share due to piracy concerns and although I truly feel bad for those who bought hardware and can't use it, this is a well-fed lawyer country.

With that said, I personally have abandoned the ActiveHome Pro software and run MOCHAD on my raspberry pi.    My use of x10 is phasing out anyhow and I have been going with more reliable solutions such as zwave and zigbee.  I bought my zwave wall switches on ebay and they were cheaper than their x10 equivalent and offer so much more capability.  That's not always the case, but their are good deals every once in a while.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.