Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP and Windows 8.1  (Read 3713 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
AHP and Windows 8.1
« on: December 16, 2013, 05:08:30 PM »

In Short, It works!!! :)%

Long story:
I already had AHP installed and working in windows 8 prior to X10 WTI’s bankruptcy.
My issue came when I finally made the leap to 8.1 the update didn't go well.
Windows wouldn't stay running longer then 15 mins before it would shut down.
My only recourse was to revert back to Windows 8  B:( this resulted in me losing AHP.
Unable to get the AHP installer to work with the servers down I downloaded the free Marmitec (European)version of AHP.
This got me back AHP however I had European modules and my cities and holidays were not right as well my plug-in were gone except Smartmacros.
I had a back up of my AHP folder as well as other files I copied my backup over the AHP folder and now had a working copy of the North American version, The next step was making sure I had the correct ahscript  and x10nets a install of the SDK took care of that.
Hopefully the X10 file servers will be back up shortly, I had only registered some of my plug-ins as 8.1 is on my laptop which I use at my off grid place so I never installed all of them and some I installed but didn't register as I didn't wish the nags that a video capture wasn't connected etc....
The plugins I had registered were still available and showed registered :)%

While trying some other X10 software installs my AHP stopped working and displayed the unable to connect to x10nets message. B:(
A reinstall of the SDK fixed this
 Note: This is a 64 bit system
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: AHP and Windows 8.1
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 04:28:33 PM »

this is probably a dollar short & a day late, but in case it helps anyone else...

I have been using ahp on windows 8 since it came out;  I upgraded to windows 8.1 (it is free download to win 8 users) months ago and ahp continued to work just fine.

Ini all this time I NEVER have gotten video to work on win 8 tho.  my va12a worked fine on win7, it shows up as right driver in device mgr on win 8, but no video.

IF anyone else has made video work in windows 8 I would appreciate knowing.

thanks.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 04:30:23 PM by mike »

REDTAILHAWK

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: AHP and Windows 8.1
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 04:50:14 PM »

What worked for me was down loading the MARMITEC version of AHP.  The WARNING is when you unzip and install DO NOT INSTALL TO"ACTIVEHOME PRO" change it to Marmitec or some other name.  You do not want to install it over the original AHP. Once you have installed Marmitec, the original AHP will work in window 8.1  If you have a copy of the original AHP just copy it to the Windows or XP program 86 files. You do not have to install, just copy the program. This worked on windows 8.1 and two of my XP machines.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.