Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34

Author Topic: New x10 Wi-Fi unit  (Read 165531 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: New x10 Wi-Fi unit
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2014, 02:53:01 PM »

Thanks for the added data Dave.
Sounds like the TM751/PAT02 has been redesigned again.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2014, 04:54:12 PM »

For the truly adventurous, the datasheet for the HiMark RX3310 gives component values for several RF frequencies, including 434MHz. Only 5-6 components need changing but I'm not sure how well the PCB will withstand rework.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

toasterking

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2014, 06:41:46 PM »

I just bought (via Amazon) what was listed as a TM751. [...] both a relay and RF receiver built-in to the main (only) circuit board [...] As it's not replaceable with the RM1SG I cannot recommend any transceiver model for the mod given the unpredictability of current stocks.

So, in summary of all recent posts, your slick mod only works with a transceiver that includes a HiMark SH chip on a daughterboard, and as far as we know, that includes some TM751A units, but not all of them?  That seems like it would be fairly difficult to find and that's a shame.  But would this mod also work on any CM15A since it uses the same HiMark receiver?  Then you'd have a CM15A which would receive RF at 433 MHz, transmit RF at 310 MHz, and do PLC at 110V.  This would relegate the CM15A's RF to odd fringe cases like this, but anyone covering a decent sized area already needs/has a different solution for RF, and in most cases the TIP10RF and CM15A would probably both be located near the computer and thus near each other anyway.  Your thoughts?

Edit: spelling
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:44:09 PM by toasterking »

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2014, 07:31:26 PM »

I think it applies to all TM751A models and to some TM751 models. But the TM751A has apparently been discontinued and there's no reliable way to determine whether it applies to a specific TM751 without opening the enclosure. The one I just bought as a TM751 (with built-in HiMark SH receiver) has a Home Automation Store PAT02 label on the box which was partially covered with an adhesive label indicating it is a TM751. There is a 13E20 date sticker on the module.

It will work with all CM15As unless there are new models with the receiver built-in a la the TM751/PAT02. There is already a thread showing how to replace the CM15A HiMark SH RF receiver module with a 315MHz RM1SG in order to better deal with poorly tuned X10 transmitters. I referenced it above but here's the link again.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:53:08 PM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.

toasterking

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2014, 12:32:28 AM »

Thanks for clarifying that, Dave H.!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2015, 09:27:17 AM »

In Dec 2014 the owner of the new X10 went to China in order to light a fire under the manufacturing side.
Quality was number one on the discussion list.
And manufacturing he hopes now understands X10WTI quality standards are too low for them.

He expressed to me his frustration about the time this is taking to come to market.
However he says they are more concerned about quality then profit. (Something businesses seldom practice )

He stated the software side is coming together nicely now but didn't comment on a release date as yet.
He stated:
it would have been more frustrating to release it early and have to deal with the disappointment of the users. Overall a good productive trip!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2015, 03:14:31 PM »

With the Chinese new year manufacturing grinds to a halt in China for a month.
This slows down any development process. B:(
I just received a bit of feed back on the Wi-Fi module and it appears the android software is in the final stages of development.
I'm not sure where the Apple software is (no mention of it)
This is the third rebuild of the software and is suppose to have a good bit of end user customization available.
However just what this is was not expanded on.
It sounds like the software has exposed some areas for hardware improvements or the meeting in Dec convicted manufacturing to beef up quality as a new prototype is expected by end of the month.
The plan is to test the new software and interface together for functionality and user experience in April.
No word on if there will be a beta  test group or it will just be tested in house.
I've been promised some screen shots of the software once management is satisfied with it (probably once tested in house with the new proto type).
Posting any pictures now would be pointless (not that I have any) as it has already been changed twice.
I've also requested a picture of the unit However I may not have that to post until I have a unit. :(
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2015, 08:15:58 PM »

Put me on the "I want one" list, please. ;D
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2015, 06:17:42 PM »

I realize many are growing impatient with the length of time this is taking.
The owner expressed his own frustrations with this mater to me many times.
I myself created a free program Ultralight (a webserver) to tie me over.

I am in constant contact with Authinx on this, (almost weekly) and I do get updates on what is going on.
The owner is very prompt at returning my emails. :)%
However I don't always post this if there is no real news.
That being said I just received some feed back and there is little in the way of really good,exciting news :(.

Authinx is still waiting on the next proto type (expected to be a release candidate) Time will tell if this version will meet quality expectations!

Here is what I know is planed if this new unit is up to par. ::) :'
1: A in house test with the new software (there was no word if they actually have that yet either). ::) :'

2: If #1 passes, A request for a small shipment of test units for beta testing..
I have requested past X10WTI beta testers that are currently active (at least visiting the forum) and were actively participating in the last  test, to be put on the top of any beta test group list.

3:  If no hiccups in the testing, Production to start early summer.

4: With no issues in production, a release date of early fall.

I'm hopeful that I'll hear something more exciting in the next week or two but this has been a very slow go. :'(
I'll continue to press for info on this as I know everyone is very interested in this new module as am I.

Please don't email or PM me on this as I can't add anymore to this then what I post.
 >!

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2015, 09:52:43 AM »

I realize many are growing impatient with the length of time this is taking.

Having created MANY devices from scratch over my career, I know how much work it can take - especially something as complex as a WiFi automation controller with all the necessary supporting software for scheduling, macros, etc.  It took me two summers for the XTBM-Pro development, and the XTB-IIR evolved to its present state over several years.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2015, 10:57:32 AM »

Maybe this is common knowledge or it's not released...I'm not sure.  I was under the impression (from memory of what's been released) that this controller was intended to complement the CM15A.  Is this more of a replacement for the AHP controller or is it intended to work in conjunction?  I see benefits to either.  I'm not sure I need a new controller, but if it had the right features I'd certainly consider it!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2015, 02:24:00 PM »

This is designed to be a stand alone controller.
It is to have its own memory for timers and macros, that being said it will work along side the Cm15 and AHP.
Since it sends out X10 signals the cm15a would see those and AHP could act on them.

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2015, 02:35:43 PM »

So it's fair to say that it's a networked PLC controller?  It won't have RF, so the CM15A would still have a place, right?  The biggest thing would be for the programming of timers/macros to be open source so we didn't have to rely on X10 to fix their buggy software and just let us use the hardware to its fullest.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2015, 03:44:29 PM »

Originally this was to be RF and PLC, Wi-Fi based unit as far as I know this hasn't changed but I'll ask about that.
The Marmitec unit was RF only I believe, and Authinx wanted to do it one better.

The Manufacture doesn't want to share the source at this time, that has been the biggest setback as they have engineers writing the code not programmers.
However since programing is done via WI-FI it should be easy to figure out using Wireshark.
The firmware (onboard software) is another story.

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2015, 04:30:32 PM »

The Marmitec unit was RF only I believe, and Authinx wanted to do it one better.
The Marmitek TIP10RF receives user commands via Ethernet and sends X10 RF to transceivers like a
CM15 or TM13 which send the PLC commands.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.