Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34

Author Topic: New x10 Wi-Fi unit  (Read 165514 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: New x10 Wi-Fi unit
« Reply #420 on: June 19, 2017, 10:33:27 PM »

So what does this have to do with the new Wifi unit?
https://www.thehomeautomationstore.com/wijit.html
....  both websites are Authinx?

This could be genius. For MOST households.... a Hub that interconnects three plugs with an iPhone..... this might be all they ever need. AND.... if it was made compatible with googles and amazons devices with a $29 price point.... everyone might try these.

Meanwhile.... if the same hub could be amazon and google hub compatible.... PLUS send X10 PLC's every X10 out here would try a $29 (or $39) set of 3 with a hub.   
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #421 on: June 20, 2017, 08:50:12 AM »

I've asked for some more details on these new Wijit Wi-Fi modules as originally I wasn't given much info.

These aren't capable of sending or receiving X10 nor is the Wijit Hub.
The site states "Wijit is it's own technology ...."

Since the Wijit hub is connected via Wi-Fi it is conceivable someone could create an Alexa skill (thought there may already be one in the works)
It may be possible that the X10 Wi-Fi hub could send signals to the Wijit hub in the future though that is a presumption on my part.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

solareclipse

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #422 on: June 20, 2017, 09:16:46 AM »

Hah...  I got the Wijit email and didn't realize it was Authinx.  Thought I'd come here to see if anyone was talking about it.

Getting the price down is a good goal for wider adoption, but I'm not sure one-way is the way to do it.  The expectation is already set that if you have wifi devices with app control that works outside of the house, you're going to be able to tell if the thing is on or off (otherwise, what's the point of the app working when you're not home?).

A little laugh from their Amazon description that pokes fun at their other product line:  "With Wijit, you control your plugins via our free APP from any WiFi enabled device (no cheap plastic RF remote that is easily lost)! "

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #423 on: June 20, 2017, 02:51:58 PM »

My wijit shipment  has been delayed with a post office addressing issue. ??? ::) :'
In order to avoid confusion I started a new thread for them:
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=29837.0
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #424 on: August 15, 2017, 12:46:47 AM »

July........August..... we are soon to say goodbye to the summer. Any word on the new unit?
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #425 on: August 15, 2017, 07:15:36 AM »

Seems every time I say it is close to a release something happens.
As you know the manufacture created the wijits which Authinx is distributing. They nor I had any input into these.
Having now given the opportunity to try them I asked if the same software developer was working on the X10 App.(it is) :(
the wijit app is terrible and needs lots of work. (The wijit hardware works)
Since the x10 module depends on the app to discover issues I was concerned the original x10 app(created by another developer) was light years better then the wijit app
If the manufacture would simply release the protocol issues would be easily found( maybe) ::) :'
At least we wouldn't have to wait for an app to find something.

I'm still trying to get a peak at things, word is the app is what is holding things up.
In my dealings with other manufactures from China that use apps for their products, these seem to take forever to get the simplest options coded.

I've been asked to supply more info about AHP and the cm15 so this may indeed be a complex unit & app. ::) :'
I know it was to have much more memory then the cm15 however not having RF will limit its abilities.
If the app reveals a major hardware flaw we may be looking at an even longer delay. B:(

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #426 on: August 15, 2017, 09:56:46 AM »

I started cleaning out old hard drives of long  lost computers. In my days of dial-up Internet (late 2000s), I would get visual studio as an .iso file, burn image to cd, then install. I used a download manager to do this.
So far, I found an image for visual studio 2013 (I think) and 2006.
Still looking for that elusive 2003, but I might just have it.
Haven't tried these on anything yet, but if they might help, I could send them.
I will keep looking in my spare time, which isn't much.
Does anyone have the uncompiled c++ AHP project, or is that a closely guarded secret?
I know my kung fu is rusty, but after harvest, I may want to look at it.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #427 on: August 16, 2017, 03:56:43 PM »

I actually have all the C++ code for AHP and a few other x10 programs that Authinx was able to scrap together.
I also was able to get a visual studio 2005 hoping to put something together but with the number of programmers X10WTI went through you need a road map to figure things out.
Some of the code relies on old obsolete Windows drivers B:(

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:36:18 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

solareclipse

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #428 on: October 06, 2017, 01:02:38 PM »

Time for the monthly quarterly  >*< update

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #429 on: October 06, 2017, 04:25:47 PM »

Perhaps the name of the thread should be renamed.  I think calling this the "New" x10 Wi-Fi unit is a little misleading.  It's not a new product nor a new concept.  It is currently vaporware though!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #430 on: October 06, 2017, 07:17:38 PM »

I first caught wind of this in December of 2013, I think.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #431 on: October 06, 2017, 10:56:04 PM »

Sometimes the best and fastest approach is to trash everything.... and start over.

Most of us here have tons of X10 products that we'd never want to think of as obsolete. I continue to use my BVC for voice announcements (even though Alexa is my current cyber-squeeze)... so of course I still use AHP. Actually the CM15A is still an impressive device IMHO.

But my HomeSeer (Arduino) makes my X10 work flawlessly with Alexa, or remote from my phone. A similarly created Arduino device/controller could easily replace the CM15A, PC, other Hubs.... everything. And could be sold at a great profit for likely less than $100.

Why on Earth would anyone screw around with a Chinese parts manufacture for a "specialized X10 device".... when this is a workable option? 
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #432 on: October 08, 2017, 03:32:47 PM »

Time for the monthly quarterly  >*< update
:(
Sadly I don't have much more news the app is the hold up and when the manufacture contracted this out apparently they weren't clear on who would own the code.

I have requested some things be added to the last app design I seen which was as bad as the Wijit app.
This may have added to a delay but I feel the x10 app is useless with out knowing the last command sent if closing the app then reopening. And although Authinix currently doesn't sell two way devices that doesn't mean users don't have them.
I also requested the ability for the hub to be able to send web requests which would mean you could possible talk to other hubs or IP cameras among other things.
Extended command options were also missing which I stated was required though the manufacture stated nothing used them until I pointed out several.
I'm told these requests were doable and would be in place (hopefully for release)

I've requested several times a protocol or at least a list of what the hub is capable of to no avail.
Waiting for an app to test the hardware is a slow and in needed step(what if it reveals a major flaw in the hardware) B:(

Hopefully we'll see something before Christmas 2017 ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #433 on: October 08, 2017, 09:30:46 PM »

Extended command options were also missing which I stated was required though the manufacture stated nothing used them until I pointed out several.

Not supporting extended commands would rule it out for us as we have Leviton wall switches that use extended commands.  I ruled out the JDS Home Runner RBI as a possible replacement for our Ocelot for the same reason.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #434 on: October 09, 2017, 06:48:16 AM »

The not supporting Extended X10 Commands is scary.
The present owner of the X10 line. Don't even know their own products.
The Soft Start LM465 comes to mind as using Extended X10 commands and why the latest AHP has two modules lists for dimmers.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.