Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alarm SC1200 not sending signal to SH10A Powerhorn  (Read 7282 times)

xboxhaxorz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Alarm SC1200 not sending signal to SH10A Powerhorn
« on: December 30, 2013, 08:37:41 PM »

I ordered 2 powerhorns to put in different rooms so when the door chime goes off it will be throughout the house. However it does not work, the codes are exactly the same, i even tried changing it for house and unit/ light codes and no noise at all from the power horns. I plugged them into the same outlet and nothing. I cant seem to get it working on both units.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Alarm SC1200 not sending signal to SH10A Powerhorn
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 06:08:48 AM »

Are you talking about the SC1200 Chiming when a Zone opens and it is not armed?
The SH10A does not sound on a chime event. Only when the SC1200 is triggered and sounding its siren.
The SC1200 sends no signals on the power line for a chime sounding function. To trigger any X10 devices.
It does send power line signals for Arming and violations triggering the sirens.

If you trigger an alarm. Do the SH10As start sounding in a few seconds after the console siren starts sounding?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:12:59 AM by Brian H »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Alarm SC1200 not sending signal to SH10A Powerhorn
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 08:03:30 PM »

I ordered 2 powerhorns to put in different rooms so when the door chime goes off it will be throughout the house. However it does not work.....

I use a door chime in a remote location to remind me that I've trigger the alarm.... and have a limited time to deactivate it. But the siren (powerhorn) doesn't function that way. And even the door chime unit won't repeat the same chime that the console makes. Or at least that is the way the older unit worked.

However.... if all your trying to do in a remote area (or two) is monitor a door (without a need for the alarm during the time your monitoring) there are other ways to do that.

• A simple motion detector and a light.
  • A powerflash module and magnetic switch on the door.... and any number of X10 door chimes (PHH02) set to the same address.
  • Any old baby monitor you have laying around should allow you to hear the chime on the console remotely... in the same way it allows parents to hear the baby.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.