Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Authinx (x10) progress.  (Read 37655 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Authinx (x10) progress.
« on: January 28, 2014, 08:36:35 PM »

Many have PMed and or emailed me with info requests and progress questions.
Since I don't work for Authinx I can only report what info is supplied to me.
I'll use this thread to supply update info as I hear about it.
First off on a lot of users minds is software downloads and registrations.
This is still a priority however the old servers which X10 had and Authinx managed to get before the doors closed for good are very old and were not (if ever) updated.
Parts for these are proving difficult to find and tools to retrieve info from them just as difficult to find.
They are looking at having a fully downloadable AHP install however it sounds like the code for AHP is also on these old servers B:(
The server that these forums were on was probably the newest and that hadn't been updated in a long time (2005 or before?). ::) :'

New/old module production:
Since everything comes out of China and the whole country shuts down for their New Years it looks like it will be March before we begin to see or hear anything.

Protocol for CM15:
I've asked about this and this is being looked at.
A request has been made to the manufacture.

When the forum shut down many seen it as the first sign of the impending doom.
Some scrambled to save what ever data they could from the servers that were still up.
Some even found back doors to the servers enabling data retrieval.
I'd love to hear from anyone that was able to archive any info.
This may not be needed but it may also help get things back up quicker.
 >!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 08:38:10 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
Re: Authinx (x10) progress.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 11:53:19 AM »

New Update:
There has been some progress on the AHP software access.
X10 software were backed up to two main netapp servers that are now will not boot up and are considered unrecoverable. All the information was split in a network of servers and the old servers physical security settings and other factors are keeping us from accessing the information. Once everything was unhooked the problem started!
They working on possibly recovering the source code and then they will see what they can do.
Other options are also being explored.

As for the CM15 protocol.
Contacting the manufacture was of no use, since they are not the original manufactures of this they don't have that info to share.
Possibly once/if the code for AHP is extracted some insight to the protocol maybe found.
A link was given for the CM15A protocol which they found doing a web search. Glancing threw it I see it isn't complete and there is no author mentioned
I'll post it here anyways as some may find it useful.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 12:40:33 PM »

X10 software were backed up to two main netapp servers that are now will not boot up and are considered unrecoverable.

I had a system go down a few years ago that would not boot.  I was able to recover virtually everything on that drive by connecting it to a working PC and using the Kernel Windows Data Recovery tool that I purchased on the web.  I think it was about $50, and considering the info that was recovered, it was certainly worth it.

The only downside was that all files were date stamped with the recovery date, so searching for files based on when they were created didn't work anymore.  The fix was to restore most of the files from the last backup, leaving only a small portion that were still stamped with the recovery date.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 01:09:41 PM »

Thanks Jeff,
I passed this on.
I think at this point they are willing to try anything.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 01:43:57 PM »

As for the CM15 protocol.
Contacting the manufacture was of no use, since they are not the original manufactures of this they don't have that info to share.
Possibly once/if the code for AHP is extracted some insight to the protocol maybe found.
A link was given for the CM15A protocol which they found doing a web search. Glancing threw it I see it isn't complete and there is no author mentioned
I'll post it here anyways as some may find it useful.
That's worrisome. If they do not have the sourcecode that is being programmed into the Cypress microcontroller, they are likely to encounter problems down the road.

Several Linux afficianados reverse engineered bits and pieces of the protocol (including the PDF they found) but I've never seen a complete explanation. I suspect the mochad documentation is the most complete but haven't really delved into it.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 02:57:47 PM »

That's worrisome. If they do not have the sourcecode that is being programmed into the Cypress microcontroller, they are likely to encounter problems down the road.
So true, it may mean the end of life for a CM15a.
I wonder if the European version would use the same source.
There maybe more then one reason for them to contact Marmitek. ??? ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 03:15:38 PM »

It is possible there was more than one firmware version in the CM15A
If the Suffix letter on the controller chips part number indicated a change.
My real old 04J41 has a P10792E
04J44 P10792F
05C10 P10792M In a socket. Like they where still trying things.
05D18,08B09 P10792M

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 03:40:27 PM »

My first one was socketed and a later one was not but I could find no correlation between date codes vs. socketed/unsocketed when I asked for input on comp.home.automation. I had designed a small PIC-based daughterboard with a serial interface that plugged into the socket and replaced the Cypress controller but decided to abandon the idea once they were shipping without the socket as I did not want the support burden of those who damaged the PCB when desoldering the chip.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 03:41:51 PM »

There maybe more then one reason for them to contact Marmitek. ??? ::) :'

I was thinking that, too. If Marmitek can provide the protocol we can likely sort out any differences between their CM15Pro and the CM15A.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:44:43 PM by dhouston »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 01:11:13 PM »

There has been some break through in the AHP server issues and some things have been recovered. :)%
However registration issues still remain as it looks like that maybe on another server. :(
More info should be available soon.

New XPS3 sample has made it threw production apparently with modifications I suggested to stiffen up the sloppy feel. :)%
I'm Not sure If I'll get to test this one but the sample I tested before was much quieter then the previous versions.

New Air Sight Cameras to be available soon. :)%
A limited supply is to arrive shortly and I'll start a new thread special for this.
However it looks like the forum users are to be the first to get notice and if your on the mailing list you should also get notice.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

babybearjs

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 01:17:30 AM »

I hope they get the CM15 software back out... my unit is in storage because of the change... I'm using my old IBM CM11 interface and it is working OK, but rough...

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 12:12:31 AM »

Like most everyone else.... I continue to wait for the new X10 products and software. I know... it can take much longer than might seem reasonable... from a users perspective.

But I keep trying to remain Patiently interested. 
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 07:32:19 AM »

Like most everyone else.... I continue to wait for the new X10 products and software. I know... it can take much longer than might seem reasonable... from a users perspective.

But I keep trying to remain Patiently interested. 

The fact that the products are built in China then shipped here for approval doesn't help speed things up.
The servers they got from X10 WTI were in terrible shape even software like AHP were created with obsolete versions of C++ .
This makes bringing everything up to modern standards a very difficult and lengthy process. :-[
I too await patiently for new products and software updates.

The new Airsight I got does perform well and the quality is very good so I expect the same of any other new products they introduce.

Also one bit of info others may find interesting, the new owner personally takes interest in and looks at improvement suggestions.
This doesn't mean they will be implemented but they do get passed on to the manufacture to see if implementation is possible.
He also has looked at reintroducing some old discontinued products improving on the functionality.
 >!

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 09:23:33 AM »

The servers they got from X10 WTI were in terrible shape even software like AHP were created with obsolete versions of C++ .
This makes bringing everything up to modern standards a very difficult and lengthy process. :-[
I too await patiently for new products and software updates.
Did the servers they got (and I know that some were not recoverable) include the source code (full or partial) for any (hopefully the more recent) versions of AHP?

It sounds like they are focusing on their new controller, and less on revamping the existing CM15A. If they don't have the time/resources to figure out the AHP code they got, perhaps releasing it to the user base would allow for others to take the time to work through it, and maybe produce something we can all use?

Armed with the SDK (with its limited set of functions), the user base was able to produce some pretty awesome software, but even those have their limitations (no way to download timers/macros to the CM15A's memory being a huge one). If the source code (even an older version) is made available, perhaps those missing functions can be worked out, and we can finally see some true third-party AHP replacements.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 04:03:59 PM »

Authinx was able to recover some (may be all ::) :' ) of the AHP the code. It was on several different servers so until it can be compiled they're not sure of what they have.
This was apparently written in Visual studio 2002 C++ and will not update to newer versions of Visual Studio.
They have a person trying to compile the code and remove the registration stuff but compiling is proving to be difficult.
They don't have Visual studio 2002 so they are attempting to remotely log on to a server which has it installed.
This is very time consuming to say the least.

I have seen some of the code but not had time to really look at it in detail.
I also don't have visual studio 2002 so I'm not sure all the code is there.
If I was able to compile it would help confirm all code has been found.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.