Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Have we all been had?  (Read 2514 times)

timlight10

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Have we all been had?
« on: December 22, 2013, 07:52:54 PM »

If Authinx is the parent company of TheHomeAutomationStore.com and now X10.com, than why are the prices so much better on TheHomeAutomationStore.com?

Just as an example,
PartX10.com priceTheHomeAutomationStore.com price
WS467 wall switch module$22.99$17.99
WS13A wall switch module$34.99$26.99
LM465 lamp module$19.99$17.99
LM15A socket rocket module$22.99$17.99
SR227 SuperSocket module$29.99$22.99
CM17A FireCracker interface$26.99$14.99

Why the huge price difference?

I almost want to pack all of my recent x10.com purchases and send them back for RMA and wipe my hands clean of them. X10 WTI may be gone, but it doesn't seem the new guys are any much more "on the level" as WTI was...

timlight10

Re: Have we all been had?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 11:36:33 AM »

Has anyone been making purchases from x10.com since it has come back online? How have your shopping experiences been?

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 11:09:24 AM »

I had returned two AirSight cameras for refund, before X10 went under and never heard from them. So now that they are back, you think, I might get lucky and get my money or replacement cameras?

IPS

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 12:14:28 PM »

This is a new company so expecting them to help with issues experienced with the old X10 WTI would be a stretch.
They did ask the old company for purchase records to enable them to look after users issues with registrations and other issues.
However what they got back due to privacy laws was not of any use.
They do plan to sell AIR Sight cameras again but are looking at another manufacturer.
The design I'm told is very different and similar to that of the new Foscam cameras.

This company is very small and I've been in contact with both the owner and their IT guy.
The servers are a big concern for them and they are waiting on several parts to get those servers back online.
They were only given 1 or two days to collect every thing so parts (cables) were overlooked.
Since X10 WTI had failed to update virtually anything including the servers these were very outdated parts were hard to find.
However I'm told they did find the needed cables and they are being shipped to them.

As for pricing I'm sure this will come inline as everyone starts to get the newer stock in.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

timlight10

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 12:54:17 PM »

I'd like to follow up to my previous post. I had to return a wall switch module because I inadvertently ordered the wrong color. The RMA was processed quickly as was the refund to my credit card. I was only out the shipping to return the item back to Authinx.

I have also dealt with X10WTI with returns, and the difference is night day. +1 for Authinx.  :)

Hopefully pricing will come inline soon.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 03:24:29 PM »

I am impressed. Looks like a step in the right direction.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.