Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Away program  (Read 2828 times)

southtoms

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Away program
« on: February 23, 2014, 05:07:35 PM »

Hi, I'm trying to make an away macro. Sometimes I come home and all my lights are on. I just want to make sure all my lights stay off while I'm gone. I see a all lights on/all units off. But not a all lights off. I don't want all units off, because I have other things that run when I'm gone.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Away program
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 06:30:04 PM »

All Lights off is not one of the more commonly used X10 Commands. That maybe why it is not in AHP.
Another reason maybe not all X10 dimmer devices support the All Lights Off Command.
I have an old before soft start LM465 it does not respond to a All Lights Off. My later Soft Start ones do respond.
Faded memory here. I believe some versions of the wall switches also did not respond to the All Lights Off command.

Before you ask. No I was not using AHP to send the All Lights Off. My old used for test only Smarthome 1132CU with Smarthome Manager Essentials can send the command.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 09:10:15 AM »

You could use a thirdparty program like PC Companion and send a windows command to trip a all lights off command.
You could also use the SDK and create a batch file opening ahcmd.exe using a windows command.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 06:03:59 PM »

Hi, I'm trying to make an away macro. Sometimes I come home and all my lights are on. I just want to make sure all my lights stay off while I'm gone. I see a all lights on/all units off. But not a all lights off. I don't want all units off, because I have other things that run when I'm gone.
FWIW
When gone, once a day I have the system send an OFF to each individual module that should be off. Takes over a minute for the macro to complete  ;D .
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.