Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Insight into DayLight savings time issues.  (Read 4253 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Insight into DayLight savings time issues.
« on: April 27, 2014, 10:47:09 AM »

It had always puzzled me as to why some users reported issues while others had no problem.
While creating installers to help users reinstall AHP I noticed not all my PCs had the same version of X10nets ::) :'
They all had AHP 3.318 installed. B:(
http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=779.msg4390#msg4390
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Insight into DayLight savings time issues.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 02:29:57 PM »

It had always puzzled me as to why some users reported issues while others had no problem.
While creating installers to help users reinstall AHP I noticed not all my PCs had the same version of X10nets ::) :'
They all had AHP 3.318 installed. B:(
http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=779.msg4390#msg4390
The DST problem (that AHP didn't use the "new" DST dates, and still switched on the old ones) was an issue that was reported prior to the 2008-2010 "development vacation). In the "official" bug list here on the forums, I list that as being fixed in v3.264, released on 3/23/2010. However, I was later told by the developers that it was actually fixed in v3.236, the last version released by the previous coding team, back on 9/5/2008.
So, anyone running 3.236 or later *shouldn't* have issues with DST anymore.

However, I also know that there were certain AHP released that broke the SDK, and that users had to upgrade to a newer version of the SDK if they upgraded AHP. That fits with a major change to the x10nets.dll.
If there really is a full install for 3.318, that doesn't require registration, that is a good thing - as 3.318 was the very last version of AHP released by the old X10. Upgrading will still bring all those bugs that came with that version, though.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 02:36:40 PM by Noam »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 03:57:45 PM »

Currently the full installer I posted for 3.318 still requires registration.
However I'm playing with some ideas which may enable a registration without the use of a X10 registration server.
X10 is also working on the registration issue.

It is strange that I had reports of users installing my European conversion cured their daylight saving time issues.
In that as well as the full installer I made sure all instances of x10nets were of version 3.318   ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ATS

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 02:20:21 PM »

I have the AHP3.318 version and had it working in early June. Some time in early July the daylight savings protion (Dusk) went south and was executing 20 mins early. It did that for 2 nights and I then whet and re-down loaded my program with no success. I have tried everything I can think of to no avail. Yesterday I went in and cleared the memory and re-downloaded the program that was working and sill no success. The restof the programturnes things on and off as it should, except the dusk feature. I am besides myself on why it wa working and suddenly changed its time and then then not work at all.

the other steve

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 08:12:52 PM »

What is the resolution of your dusk/dawn data?  Days get 40 minutes shorter during July; dusk comes 20 minutes sooner.

Just a possibility...   -:)

TOS

ATS

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 03:16:18 PM »

I'll give that a try. It use to tell you if you were programming to many days as it started using the Eproms memory to much but it no longer seems to do that. Thanks for the thought.  Drew ;D

ATS

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 02:16:58 PM »

I re-loaded the program using less registration i.e. 8 days. and that failed as well.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 11:27:21 AM »

You might try changing the location to a different time zone, downloading, and then changing the location back to yours and re-downloading again.

ATS

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 09:35:39 AM »

Thanks for the thought. it didn't work ,however B:(

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.