Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available.  (Read 126459 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available.
« on: April 28, 2014, 06:18:05 PM »

Many here know since X10WTI went out of business I've been working at putting something together for the end user to get a AHP install.
With much help from my forum members I managed to put together a method (not the best but it worked) using the Marmitek version and a conversion tool users were able to get a working North American AHP.

I've taken this one step further and eliminated the need for the Marmitek version.
This new installer still displays the nag screen at startup but it does allow you to create and upload setups to the cm15a.
The installer will update a old AHP to the new version if it is installed on the PC If that is registered the new version will also be registered.
This has been tested on Windows 7(64 and 32 bit) and Win 8.1 (32 and 64 bit) OS.
It has also shown to fix issues which caused AHP to stop working.
X10 has given the OK to distribute this so here it is:
AHP 3.318 unregistered
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 07:20:29 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tucson

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 05:17:07 PM »

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You   #:)

Installed AHP 3.318 on Windows 7 and it is working great.

Very Happy :)%

the other steve

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 05:38:36 PM »

And on Vista Business...

Thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 06:38:01 PM »

It's nice to see everything is working for you both.
Vista was the only windows flavor I wasn't able to test.
Hopefully the registration issue can be worked out shortly.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 02:28:40 PM »

You may also add Windows XP, Service Pack 3 to the list.

Installed easily, opened an older saved file, Changed the modules back to North american and uploaded to the CM15a and so far its running as it should.

Happy!Happy!Happy!

Nice work &  #:) Tuicemen.

Thanks. >!

Bill H

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 03:42:10 PM »

On XP Pro SP 2 and 3, all worked well except the Macros don't show any Conditions to add. Both systems were virgin installs...is that where I went wrong?   B:(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 04:59:47 PM »

Options for the plugins don't display as it is unregistered.
I'm working with the new owners to hopefully allow a registered version so the options display.
Any conditional macros previously made should still work in this unregistered version.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Bill H

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 09:08:33 AM »

Ah, I must have missed that part  :' . Tnx, Tuicemen.

Elamderek5743

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 08:48:42 PM »

I'm currently using the unmodified Marmitek version (european module pictures doesn't matter that much to me) and after running AHP for a few minutes (~15) or if my comp goes to sleep while the CM15A is connected it will lock up and stop working or become an Unknown device. Any idea if this version will work better with it?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 07:00:41 AM »

The marmitek version is a older version then this one, so issue in 3.316 may not appear in this version.
If the unregistered nags won't bother you then I'd say switch to it.

On Another note I discovered code for both the marmitec and North american versions are included in the code.
renaming the AHP.dll and city and holiday XML files should give you a registered Marmitek 3.318 version.
However I haven't attempted this.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

SamC7

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 04:28:51 PM »

Hi,

I had a working 3.316 system that I transfered from an XP computer to a windows 7 last autumn. On the XP it would always load the last file worked with, win 7 installation loads myhome.ahx (have now renamed my file to MyHome.ahx). The problem was that I could not get rid of the intr wizard, which messed with my installation. So downloaded and ran 3.318, but it did not register even though the old version was registered (ActiveHomePro plus Smartmacros). So now I am a bit stuck. I run my watering with it, I can control it from my remote but not from PC as it does not show switch.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 05:00:59 PM »

Even though this is a unregistered install if your AHX file was created with a registered version all macros should still work.
You won't be able to create new macros depending on registered plugins as the options only display on registration.

That being said if you have installed this on a machine that already had a registered version it is possible to get the registration back.
AHP creates a encrypted file that looks at your PC hardware this file is either in the D:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveHome Pro or D:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\X10\Common if you have these two folders backed up you should be able to get everything registered again by overwriting those folders with your back up.

Note: this won't work if you installed on a new PC.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Smokin Paul

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 07:00:32 AM »

Oh man I just discovered X10 is out and my AHP is toast. :-(  Thanks for your efforts so far.

What really sucks is I had AHP with all the plugins running in a VM (Virtual Machine) in VMware. A few years back one of the VM files was accidentally deleted breaking the VM. I just deleted everything thinking if I ever needed to change anything I could just reinstall. Now I find out its No Joy. :-(  I'm scouring my old hard drives and backups hoping I have a copy of the VM. You see the VM was just stopped so that you could start the VM and AHP would think its been running all along, no need for the X10 servers. I once had to activate when my cable was down so I created a VM to bypass the need for online activation and to cut down on the electric bill. I keep one computer running and I used to have my virtual home automation PC with AHP running in the background. I just upgraded my computer and here I am... bummer. :-( 
At at least efforts are being made to get things working again.

the other steve

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 05:45:36 PM »

I just replaced my XP machine with a Windows 7 version.  I used your installer, then copied the XP directories (program and shared) to the appropriate places on the Win7 box.

It all works fine and shows as registered so it has no nag screen, and includes Smart Macros, etc.

Life is good!  The only remaining bug is that it sometimes asks me if I want to close without saving.  I think I have read something about that on these boards, but it is only annoying, not serious.

Thanks, Tuicemen!

The Other Steve.

robienick

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 05:33:06 PM »

I just want to say thanks for what you have done.  I just downloaded this software and it works perfectly as advertised.  I am just a plugger, and really appreciate the effort you put in to make this happen.  My system has not worked for over a year when my PC died and carried the original software to the grave with it.  Thanks again........

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.