Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available.  (Read 127600 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available.
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2015, 04:15:40 PM »

AHP lifejacket will do what you want if you need help please post in that thread.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=28994.msg162715#msg162715
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2015, 11:06:49 AM »

My AHP server has been running for several years with nearly no intervention on my part.  As a consequence, I've been out of the loop regards the demise of X10 support.

A few days ago, the hard drive on my AHP server crashed and I was forced to do a clean install of Win 7 on a new hard drive.  I can  access all the old files from the old drive...it just won't boot. 

I've been trying to read and catch up on all the good work being done by Tuiceman on how to salvage and restore a working, registered installation of AHP, but the more I read, the further down the rabbit hole I fall.  Do I install the 3.328 installer first, then use Lifejacket?  Or do I simply over write the directories using the original files off the old drive? 

So sorry, but I'm rather confused and wonder if there is a clear process that I've missed.

Really appreciate any help...cheers!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2015, 11:29:54 AM »

The easiest is to install 3.318 then copy your files from the old drive and overwrite the files.
This way all drivers will get configured correctly.
If you can retrieve the drive ID from your old drive you'll should be able to have all your old plugins registered using AHP lifejacket.
Read the steps in AHP lifejacket if you skip something the registration will fail and you'll need to run it again.

Important: once you copy all your old info over to the new drive do not open AHP until you run AHP Lifejacket.
 >!

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Geewiz

« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2015, 12:48:42 PM »

Sounds clear enough... I'm working on this now and will report back...THANK YOU!

Geewiz

« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2015, 01:13:11 PM »

When getting the VOL ID off the old drive, are we looking for label (name), or the actual Serial Number?

Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is CC09-896D

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2015, 02:04:11 PM »

You need the number only.
AHP doesn't look at the label
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

fzuzzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2015, 11:03:27 AM »

hello - I am still having problems with my AHP.  I downloaded your 3.318 version but I still cannot set the timers or turn on lights from the PC.  My palmpads work just fine, but nothing can be turned on or off from my laptop when plugged into the CM15A.  It used to work fine before X10 shut down the servers.  Can you help me?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2015, 11:59:18 AM »

hello - I am still having problems with my AHP.  I downloaded your 3.318 version but I still cannot set the timers or turn on lights from the PC.  My palmpads work just fine, but nothing can be turned on or off from my laptop when plugged into the CM15A.  It used to work fine before X10 shut down the servers.  Can you help me?
Have you read this whole thread?
particularly Post #18?
Not having your lights configured correctly is the number 1 cause for the problem your seeing.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

fzuzzy

« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2015, 09:35:09 PM »

Have you read this whole thread?
particularly Post #18?
Not having your lights configured correctly is the number 1 cause for the problem your seeing.
 >!

I did and tried it again.  I did however miss the post about changing the lamp modules to old style.  Now my timer is working and I can control the modules from my computer.  thanks

Madd Catt

« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2015, 01:14:40 AM »

First off, thanks to Authinx for keeping X10 alive! I hope over time that you will be able to bring back all the legacy components and that third parties will once again join in to produce various components.
Thanks to Tuicemen and others for their efforts in resurrecting the AHP software.

I have been an X10 user since the late 80s staring out with a Radio Shack branded mini-timer, a lamp module and an appliance module. I was hooked! I have used a couple of different control systems since currently the CM15A with over 30 various X10 components.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2015, 06:17:26 PM »

What exactly is installed with the file setup_ahp_full_210.exe on the Authnix site get you?
I was trying to help someone on the Smarthome Forums with finding AHP and they wanted Smart Macros as part of the installation.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2015, 08:30:17 PM »

The installer Authinx offers is the one I put together and includes Smartmacros, onAlert, iwatchout and myhouseOnline.
However nothing is registered.
To remove one of the plugins included one simply needs to edit the plugins xml file
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2015, 06:10:47 AM »

Tuicemen ,Thank you.
I had pointed them to here, the X10 download site and your site.
They said they had found one on your site but with no Smart Macros.
I will again try and point them in the correct direction.

bob white

« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2016, 10:02:07 PM »

It has been over four years since I have logged on. I did not know about all the changes. I noticed this posting about "Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available" My system is still working all these years as I upgraded to WinXP, Win 7, and now Win 10. I have had no problems. Is there any advantage of using the new installer program? I still have backups of my original copy of AHP 3.318 plus a couple of other exe programs I downloaded at the time. Are any of those of any value to anyone?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2016, 10:54:35 AM »

Most of the old exe setup files were not full installers but required a internet connection and linked to a X10 server to retrieve the actual install files.
If these files do that they are useless and will never be of any use as Authinix doesn't have a server for that.
Given the fact that they intend to make AHP free it doesn't appear they will create a server or it would have been done by now.

If you have AHP 3.318 installed and running registered there is no benefit to using this installer.
If you don't have Smartmacros , OnAlert or iWatchout plugins then it would be beneficial however you'll need AHP Lifejacket to register.
Also make backups prior in case you wish to revert.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.