Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available.  (Read 126463 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available.
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2014, 03:16:43 PM »

brunski
In AHP under tools purge delayed macros then Under tools again clear interface.
It sounds like you may have a looping macro so you'll want to check your macros.
Once you have ensured you don't have any looping macros or ones with possible errors be sure the AHP recycle bin is empty and update the interface.

>!
I followed your instructions to purge delayed macros and then clearing interface under tools menu, in doing the download progress was VERY slow...I'm not sure what a "looping macro" is?  I clicked on the macro tab and it's empty.  Yesterday, when all this worked, the download progress bar would be lightning fast.  Any more suggestions?

Thanks for Sunday help!

B

If downloading info to the Cm15 being slow is the only issue I wouldn't worry about it.
The larger the amount you download the slower it will be.
However you can try another USB port also look at what else is running on your PC.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

brunski

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2014, 05:55:39 PM »

[/img]
brunski
In AHP under tools purge delayed macros then Under tools again clear interface.
It sounds like you may have a looping macro so you'll want to check your macros.
Once you have ensured you don't have any looping macros or ones with possible errors be sure the AHP recycle bin is empty and update the interface.

>!
I followed your instructions to purge delayed macros and then clearing interface under tools menu, in doing the download progress was VERY slow...I'm not sure what a "looping macro" is?  I clicked on the macro tab and it's empty.  Yesterday, when all this worked, the download progress bar would be lightning fast.  Any more suggestions?

Thanks for Sunday help!

B

If downloading info to the Cm15 being slow is the only issue I wouldn't worry about it.
The larger the amount you download the slower it will be.
However you can try another USB port also look at what else is running on your PC.

The issue is all downloads are super slow like something is hanging up and the light switches will very slowly toggle but not activate the lights.  I also unplugged the USB and moved it with no luck.  So, nothing is working after purging and clearing the interface.  I still don't understand what a looping macro is...
I realize this diagnosing is a pain, but I appreciate your help with my issue!

B
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:01:25 PM by brunski »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2014, 09:18:53 PM »

Using the search function of the forum will help debugging looping macros which are macros that repeat continuously (stuck in a loop).
If you don't have macros then this isn't the issue.

Do you have another USB cable you can try?
Have you done any PC maintenance lately (defrag, scandisk, virus scan.....)?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

brunski

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2014, 09:42:18 AM »

Using the search function of the forum will help debugging looping macros which are macros that repeat continuously (stuck in a loop).
If you don't have macros then this isn't the issue.

Do you have another USB cable you can try?
Have you done any PC maintenance lately (defrag, scandisk, virus scan.....)?

I swapped the USB cable that's plugged into the wall unit and batteries are fresh.  I also ran a scan on my Webroot security application and even defraged my computer with no improvements getting AHP to work.  Should I reinstall AHP or any other ideas?

Thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2014, 10:20:43 AM »

With AHP closed, try deleting C:\ProgramData\X10 Settings\x10active.xml
Then restart AHP that will recreate that file.
Sometimes this file gets corrupt with windows updates and will cause AHP to crash.
I haven't heard of it slowing things down to the point of not working, but I suppose it is possible.
Note: you may need to enable seeing system files and folders
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

brunski

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2014, 03:15:22 PM »

With AHP closed, try deleting C:\ProgramData\X10 Settings\x10active.xml
Then restart AHP that will recreate that file.
Sometimes this file gets corrupt with windows updates and will cause AHP to crash.
I haven't heard of it slowing things down to the point of not working, but I suppose it is possible.
Note: you may need to enable seeing system files and folders

Could you please walk me through specifically how close down AHP and "try deleting C:\ProgramData\X10 Settings\x10active.xml"?  Sorry, I'm not quite sure how to accomplish this.

Thanks

B
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 04:00:31 PM by brunski »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2014, 09:07:40 AM »

Simply close AHP red x top right check yes in the warning box that appears.
Next go to file explorer and navigate to C:\ProgramData\X10 Settings
If this isn't possible then select vie from the menu at the top of the page and then check to view system files and folders.
then try navigating again.
Find the  x10active.xml file and right click on it then check delete.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

brunski

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2014, 01:56:24 PM »

Simply close AHP red x top right check yes in the warning box that appears.
Next go to file explorer and navigate to C:\ProgramData\X10 Settings
If this isn't possible then select vie from the menu at the top of the page and then check to view system files and folders.
then try navigating again.
Find the  x10active.xml file and right click on it then check delete.

I did exactly what you recommended and still no luck.  When I activate a light switch, it seems very delayed and light will not turn on.

B

ATS

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2014, 04:16:55 PM »

I have a question on wheather the program is full (complete) or not, and if not what went wrong? I have AHP 3.318 on 2 machines. One is a laptop with Vista that seems to be working or at least was and now I am not sure and working on it with you folks. The other one is on a Windows 7 machine. On the Windows 7 machine, when I open the program, I go through what you call the nag screen, after that the Vista machine tells you (as did the original x-10 program) that you do not have the interface connected to the computer,etc. The windows 7 machine does NOT say this. Is that an indication that the application is not complete? If so what can I do?

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2014, 10:57:55 AM »

You can copy the files to the new machine, However this will not give you a registered version :(
Most of your plugins should work however you can't create any new macros using the plugins from inside AHP.
One user has discovered you can do that from inside note pad editing the AHX file.

Well, its time for me to get myself a new PC.   My current (old) PC has AHP 3.318 installed, registered, and the plugins registered.

There is no way for me to "copy" or "transfer" the registered-ness from my old PC to my new PC?    There is no file or no registry entry that would work if I moved such over?

BTW, I can understand that the new X10 people haven't been able to recover the server database used to register AHP.   Could they simply start from scratch and build a new database?   That we could supply to them, our codes, and they add them?   I mean, if they want proof, I could supply them with a copy of my receipt for the software.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2014, 12:35:35 PM »

I believe it was in Tuicemens Forums.
http://tuicemen.com/forum/

I saw a post from a member getting their AHP copied from their old computer to work on a new one.
Seems part of the registration code written to hard drive used the drives volume number.
They used a program to set the new computers hard drive volume number to match the original computers volume number. As part of the transfer.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 12:38:51 PM by Brian H »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2014, 04:22:48 PM »

ATS
you should have the full program if it worked prior to your issue.

the file C:\ProgramData\X10 Settings\x10active.xml has been known to cause issues with AHP working correctly.
I haven't heard of it affecting Daylight savings times but I guess that is possible.
try:
with AHP clear your cm15 then close AHP
delete the x10active.xmlfile or rename it.
restart your PC and AHP.
then in AHP download to the cm15a Updating the interface.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2014, 02:39:32 PM »

I believe it was in Tuicemens Forums.
http://tuicemen.com/forum/

Thanks for the reference!

I saw a post from a member getting their AHP copied from their old computer to work on a new one.
Seems part of the registration code written to hard drive used the drives volume number.
They used a program to set the new computers hard drive volume number to match the original computers volume number. As part of the transfer.

Interesting clue.   -:)

Though, it still makes me feel even more frustrated.   B:(   This clue leads me to be even more sure, that if "they" wanted, there could easily be a standalone registration utility that would generate the needed tid-bits on our PC's, to make AHP acknowledge we are a duly registered user.  
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

JAMC

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2014, 07:00:00 PM »

Worked for me- thanks  :)%

demoos

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2014, 07:12:40 PM »

Sorry, I should have posted here too. 

I think I found something that may shed more light on the problem.  The Volume Serial Number on your old install Drive has something to do with it.  I was able to migrate my existing AHP from one computer to another.   

Here is what I did:

1.  Backed up the ActiveHome Pro Directory on a thumbdrive
2.  Backed up the Common file dir (In my case C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10)
3.  Copied down the old Drive Volume Serial Number
4.  On the new computer I ran a program I found to edit the Volume Drive Serial Number and changed it to match my old machine.
5.  Reboot
6.  Ran the old Active Home SDK installer first.
5.  Then ran the old X10 Drivers installer
6.  Killed off x10nets with Windows Task Manager
7.  Restored Active Home Directory from thubdrive
8.  Restored common files X10 Directory
9.  Ran ActiveHm.exe from the ActiveHome Pro directory and all came up as registered.   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.