Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available.  (Read 126812 times)

robienick

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available.
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2014, 09:01:17 PM »

For some reason, this version wants to download to the CM11, not the CM15.  How do I get it to download to the CM15 unit?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 06:07:43 AM »

In the Tools Tab
See what the CM11 configuration choice is set to.
Should be set to Disabled.
If it is disabled and keeps indicating you may have a CM11. Then the CM15A is not being found on the USB connector.
Let us know what you find in your checks.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 06:10:05 AM by Brian H »

robienick

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2014, 03:44:10 PM »

Brian H., I did as you suggested and the download worked perfectly.  Now my only remaining problem is to get all of my old X10 modules to go on and off according to how I have timed them..  Some work fine, and I will finally find the correct software module that will make the rest work.  It's nice to have X10 back and working, if only at half  speed.  Thanks for your help.

Robie N.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2014, 07:09:31 PM »

There are two drop down lists for dimmer type X10 devices.
The Lamps List is for any newer module with Soft Start {ramp On and Off in about two seconds} that can use extended X10 messages.
Older Lamps (No Soft Start).
If you use a older module with out Soft Start and pick it from the Lamps List. It may not turn On correctly.

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2014, 01:40:43 PM »

Hi everyone.

I have AHP + plugins running on Windows XP but I'd like to get it working on Windows 7 now. I'm not sure I understand how exactly to do this without losing anything. Should I save AHP files from Windows XP and if so which ones? Do I install the AHP 3.318 first on Windows 7 and then add the AHP files from the Windows XP machine?

I'd appreciate it if someone could post step-by-step instructions. Thanks.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2014, 05:00:38 PM »

If a machine doesn't currently have AHP installed and registered you will only be able to have a unregistered version as the encrypted AHP registration file compares hardware.

If AHP is already on a PC and you are updateing the OS you need to back up your AHP files  first.
Then install the new OS and AHP.
Once AHP is installed copy your AHP files to there respective folders and over write the files.
This will give you a full registered AHP and Plug-ins.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

the other steve

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2014, 05:25:27 PM »

As an addition to the above for a working, registered install:

If you only copy the program directory, it will run.  Only if you copy the  user data directory as well will it run as registered.

(My experience moving from XP to Win7 X64.  YMMV.)

The Other Steve

robienick

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2014, 12:52:15 PM »

Brian, one more question regarding this version of AHP.  I finally have all my lights working ok, however, they only work as programmed when the CM15A is hooked up to my PC.  is this something I have to live with?  The CM15 will not work independent of the PC.

Robie N

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2014, 01:51:08 PM »

The Users Manual and other good information is on this X10 Wiki Site.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/ActiveHome_Pro

You can load timers and simple macros into the CM15A and then let it run with the computer off.
The above link may have the information you need or if you still have questions. Feel free to ask.

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 09:45:46 PM »

If a machine doesn't currently have AHP installed and registered you will only be able to have a unregistered version as the encrypted AHP registration file compares hardware.

If AHP is already on a PC and you are updateing the OS you need to back up your AHP files  first.
Then install the new OS and AHP.
Once AHP is installed copy your AHP files to there respective folders and over write the files.
This will give you a full registered AHP and Plug-ins.
 >!

Tuicemen, I have a registered copy of AHP + plugins on Windows XP.  I want to put that AHP on a different computer with Windows 7 on it. So are you saying I can put the AHP 3.318 program on the freshly installed Windows 7 and then copy my AHP folders from the XP machine to it? Which folders from AHP do I copy and how do I overwrite the files?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 10:26:37 AM »

You can copy the files to the new machine, However this will not give you a registered version :(
Most of your plugins should work however you can't create any new macros using the plugins from inside AHP.
One user has discovered you can do that from inside note pad editing the AHX file.

If you copy the files from XP to win 7 windows will ask if you wish to overwrite just click yes.
the file in C:\Program files\ActiveHome Pro is what you'll want the files/folders in C:\Program files\common files\x10 won't help you
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

brunski

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2014, 09:30:07 AM »

Many here know since X10WTI went out of business I've been working at putting something together for the end user to get a AHP install.
With much help from my forum members I managed to put together a method (not the best but it worked) using the Marmitek version and a conversion tool users were able to get a working North American AHP.

I've taken this one step further and eliminated the need for the Marmitek version.
This new installer still displays the nag screen at startup but it does allow you to create and upload setups to the cm15a.
The installer will update a old AHP to the new version if it is installed on the PC If that is registered the new version will also be registered.
This has been tested on Windows 7(64 and 32 bit) and Win 8.1 (32 and 64 bit) OS.
It has also shown to fix issues which caused AHP to stop working.
X10 has given the OK to distribute this so here it is:
AHP 3.318 unregistered

Tuicemen,

I updated my computer from XP to Windows 7 and didn't move my x-10 active home pro.  Well I downloaded the European version and it worked for a while, then became very slow downloading timers and macros and finally stopped working while I'd try turning on lights.  I only use my X10 for several lights switches.  I was so glad that you created an updated American version of X10 that worked!  So, I downloaded it yesterday and sure enough the download bar went zooming by and there was no delay in activating light switches!  Now a day later, it's acting up again being very slow when toggling a light switch on/off and essentially quit working.  My small hand held X10 remote still works manually.  I sure would appreciate any suggestions what to do?

Thanks

B

petees

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2014, 12:24:16 PM »

I downloaded the installer and activehome still does not respond. I left the old non working on my computer--should I delete that version first and then download your version. I been using active home like twenty years or so and have invested much money in modules. I have four cameras setup with Vanguard and use it with activehome. I am willing to pay for new software for it. Thanks for all your help.

Pete Sheehan

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2014, 12:35:28 PM »

brunski
In AHP under tools purge delayed macros then Under tools again clear interface.
It sounds like you may have a looping macro so you'll want to check your macros.
Once you have ensured you don't have any looping macros or ones with possible errors be sure the AHP recycle bin is empty and update the interface.
petees
In your ProgramData\X10 Settings delete the X10Active.xml file then try starting AHP.
If AHP still fails then do the following:
Make a back up copy of your AHX files from the ActiveHome Pro folder then delete the non working version download and install this one.
once installed you can copy your AHX files back to the ActiveHome pro folder

>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

brunski

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2014, 01:33:01 PM »

brunski
In AHP under tools purge delayed macros then Under tools again clear interface.
It sounds like you may have a looping macro so you'll want to check your macros.
Once you have ensured you don't have any looping macros or ones with possible errors be sure the AHP recycle bin is empty and update the interface.

>!
I followed your instructions to purge delayed macros and then clearing interface under tools menu, in doing the download progress was VERY slow...I'm not sure what a "looping macro" is?  I clicked on the macro tab and it's empty.  Yesterday, when all this worked, the download progress bar would be lightning fast.  Any more suggestions?

Thanks for Sunday help!

B
Edited by Tuicemen to fix quote(readability)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 03:12:37 PM by Tuicemen »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.