Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available.  (Read 126789 times)

biomedbob

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available.
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2014, 04:06:41 PM »

Thanks I've finally got it back to work with my other security systems.  Lots of break-ins here lately.  Certainly gives peace of mind!

FMinMI

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2014, 12:00:28 AM »

Many here know since X10WTI went out of business I've been working at putting something together for the end user to get a AHP install.
With much help from my forum members I managed to put together a method (not the best but it worked) using the Marmitek version and a conversion tool users were able to get a working North American AHP.

I've taken this one step further and eliminated the need for the Marmitek version.
This new installer still displays the nag screen at startup but it does allow you to create and upload setups to the cm15a.
The installer will update a old AHP to the new version if it is installed on the PC If that is registered the new version will also be registered.
This has been tested on Windows 7(64 and 32 bit) and Win 8.1 (32 and 64 bit) OS.
It has also shown to fix issues which caused AHP to stop working.
X10 has given the OK to distribute this so here it is:
AHP 3.318 unregistered

Thank you Tuiceman for your work on keeping all of us X10 users humming. When my server went down a couple of years ago (it ran my AHP and ActivePhone and Smart Marco) and I had to start from scratch with a new box, I found out like everyone else that we were screwed. But after reading a lot of posts, I was successful in getting the Marmitek European software (3.316) to work and it has done a great job for the basic on/off/dim functions, plus it shows that Smart Macros is also registered (though I never use it). In fact, I have never experienced a crash, nor have I had any problems downloading to my controller. And there is no nag screen (important as I reboot the server daily).

But pretty soon I am going to rebuild the server and will need to re-setup everything. I bring this up to ask which way to go - keep what I have (weird modules pictures but no big deal) or use the newer 3.318 (which I assume has the correct US module pictures and maybe some bug fixes)? I do plan to keep Win7 on the new server. And I don't care about Smart Macros (but I would REALLY like to get ActivePhone to work - know anything about work being done to get it working again?).

Thanks again for your efforts and answers.

Frank
Michigan

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2014, 04:24:59 PM »

Active Phone relies on the old X10 servers. Authinix has a IT guy working on these old out dated servers but he also looks after other stuff so he has a heavy work load.
I believe there was at least one server that was lost(I hope I'm wrong), what all was on it is any ones guess ::) :'

There also is a programmer looking at retrieving and rebuilding the AHP code if the code can be completely retrieved and a version compiled then code may be re worked.
Reworking the code would enable AHP and many of the plugins to run with out the old X10 servers.
However code for AHP was not all on anyone server but parts on several servers and some code may have been on the lost server. : B:(

Since I have seen some of the code from AHP I know it is the same for the Marmitec version, the only difference appears to be some file names.
I'll attempt to put together a European 3.318 version however the Active phone plug-in wasn't created for it.

As for which version you should run depends on if you still plan to reboot your new server daily
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

FMinMI

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2014, 07:33:30 PM »

Active Phone relies on the old X10 servers. Authinix has a IT guy working on these old out dated servers but he also looks after other stuff so he has a heavy work load.
I believe there was at least one server that was lost(I hope I'm wrong), what all was on it is any ones guess ::) :'

There also is a programmer looking at retrieving and rebuilding the AHP code if the code can be completely retrieved and a version compiled then code may be re worked.
Reworking the code would enable AHP and many of the plugins to run with out the old X10 servers.
However code for AHP was not all on anyone server but parts on several servers and some code may have been on the lost server. : B:(

Since I have seen some of the code from AHP I know it is the same for the Marmitec version, the only difference appears to be some file names.
I'll attempt to put together a European 3.318 version however the Active phone plug-in wasn't created for it.

As for which version you should run depends on if you still plan to reboot your new server daily
 >!

Thank you very much for all the information. Looks like it is a wait and see game. I guess I will stick with what I have - I do need to reboot daily for a specific application and with what I have right now I don't get that nag screen. I am just going to have to remember how I got to the current setup.

Have a nice weekend.

Frank
Michigan

carlbeck

« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2014, 11:16:29 AM »

I uninstalled the 3.318 and installed the "Unregistered" 3.318 but it still does not work.  Can someone offer some help?

jokersxxwild

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2014, 11:05:44 AM »

B:(
Ok, This is my first time on this form. I need alot of help. I have win xp and have been trying to install my AHP for over a month now I cant get my cams to come up. I have even tryed downloading a new copy of AHP but cant find one. Can anyone help?? please I really need to get my cams back so I can see them.  B:(

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2014, 11:20:40 AM »

What program are you using to try and access the cameras?
Any of the AHP Plug Ins that used the X10WTI servers for access are no longer available.
There maybe alternatives to access the cameras.

jokersxxwild

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2014, 11:25:47 AM »

It was the iwatchout but I can't get it any more I don't know what I can us.e

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2014, 10:49:25 AM »

There are several programs available to view your x10 cameras with.
Even controlling them can be done with third party software like Pc Companion
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jokersxxwild

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2014, 12:08:20 AM »

There are several programs available to view your x10 cameras with.
Even controlling them can be done with third party software like Pc Companion

Thank you Tuicemen I got it all installed but I stall cant get it to pull up my cams. Please I need help like a step by step im not good with new software lol sorry B:(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2014, 07:18:01 AM »

There are several helpful PCC setup posts on my forum.
http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php
If you can't find the info there post and I or someone else will walk you through.
I've activated your account there so you can post. >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

finman

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2014, 06:56:01 PM »

I have version 3.318 and after the collapse of x10 I lost the email function to this program.  Is there and easy fix so that I can get the email notifications that really makes the program worth while?  Thank you in advance.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2014, 07:10:51 AM »

Many including myself were never happy with the email function of AHP,
many created batch files to send email others triggered thirdparty software.
there are several email topics on the forum here and else where.
you can start with this one http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=669.msg3777#msg3777
The forum has a search function to make finding posts easier. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2014, 03:40:34 PM »

3.  Copied down the old Drive Volume Serial Number
4.  On the new computer I ran a program I found to edit the Volume Drive Serial Number and changed it to match my old machine.
5.  Reboot

Just to mention, you can get the old Drive Volume Serial Number by simply using the DIR command from a DOS Command Prompt (C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe).

Code: [Select]
C:\>dir
 Volume in drive C is W7 Prog Disk
 Volume Serial Number is 86FB-934B

Also, Microsoft itself offers a free Volume Serial Number changer.   Its available at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897436.aspx
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2014, 11:52:06 AM »

Sorry, I should have posted here too. 

I think I found something that may shed more light on the problem.  The Volume Serial Number on your old install Drive has something to do with it.  I was able to migrate my existing AHP from one computer to another.   

Here is what I did:

1.  Backed up the ActiveHome Pro Directory on a thumbdrive
2.  Backed up the Common file dir (In my case C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10)
3.  Copied down the old Drive Volume Serial Number
4.  On the new computer I ran a program I found to edit the Volume Drive Serial Number and changed it to match my old machine.
5.  Reboot
6.  Ran the old Active Home SDK installer first.
5.  Then ran the old X10 Drivers installer
6.  Killed off x10nets with Windows Task Manager
7.  Restored Active Home Directory from thubdrive
8.  Restored common files X10 Directory
9.  Ran ActiveHm.exe from the ActiveHome Pro directory and all came up as registered.   

I just did this and was able to move my running install from an old XP machine to a newly installed Win7 machine. Though I have not plugged the CM15a in yet, I did this all remotely so I'll have to finish testing it later. But here are the sets I did.

1. Set the volume serial number to match my old machine. I used a program called Hard Disk Serial Number Changer from xboxharddrive.com.
2. Installed the SDK from Tuicemen at http://tuicemen.com/downloads/ahsdk_install.exe
3. Restored both the Active Home and X10 folders from my XP machine.
From XP c:\program files\activehome pro to win7 c:\program files (x86)\activehome pro
From XP c:\program files\common file\x10 to win7 c:\program files (x86)\common files\x10

Started up AHP and it started and showed registered. Only error was my interface was not connected.
I also use smart macros and on alert. Both show registered as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.