Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available.  (Read 126825 times)

toasterking

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
Re: Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available.
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2014, 07:20:17 PM »

It sounds like the volume serial number (VSN) must be stored with the registration information in one of the files you copied over.  If this is true, then we could package that file (once we determine what it is) with a script.  The script could install the file and prompt whether it may change the user's VSN to register the plugins.  Yes, it's a hack, but it's better than nothing until Authinx can get registration back online for real.  AFAIK, the volume serial number was only used for MS-DOS to determine whether a particular disk was inserted.  Windows uses a separate disk signature rather than the VSN for that purpose, so nothing should break there.  It's possible, though, that other software on the computer uses the VSN for registration, so changing the VSN could break registration for those apps.  With that in mind, it would be nice to be able to back up the original VSN and restore it if necessary (i.e. "uninstall" the registration hack).

I no longer have a registered AHP installation so I'm currently unable to test/develop this, but if someone with an installation of AHP with all the plugins registered can send me their AHP files and volume serial number, I could probably do it.

petees

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2014, 11:09:23 AM »

I keep getting a error while trying to install your fix----'Delete File Failed: code 5. Access is denied. I have a lot of units connected to x10 and will be willing to pay a reasonable fee to get the software back working. Thanks for any help you can give.

Pete Sheehan

tzygmunt

CM15A Memory Full Error Message
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2014, 12:27:41 PM »

I installed AHP 3.318 after a system failure.  It installed nicely and it even shows as being registered (it found my old registration info somewhere on my system).  I set up the rooms but when I selected to download the timers and macros I received a message that said "There is not enough space in the interface to download your timers and macros".  The memory usage table on the error message window shows 0.00% usage for all categories.  I have two CM15As and I get the same message for both.  I'm running the software on a Windows 7 (64) machine and I am using a CM15A interface.  Also I have an unregistered version on another machine (W7/64) and both CM15As work well.

Can you recommend any "fixes" that I can try? 

netrunner

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2014, 11:29:40 AM »

Whenever I make changes in Activehome, following advice here, I first empty the recycle bin, clear pending macro events,  clear interface memory, "hardware configuration", then download macro's and timers. When I do this, my Activehome and CM15A are rock solid.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:37:08 PM by netrunner »

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2014, 11:36:42 AM »

Whenever I make changes in Activehome, following advice here, I first empty the recycle bin, clear pending macro events, then clear interface memory, then update interface, then download macro's and timers. When I do this, my Activehome and CM15A are rock solid.
That reads like Huckleberry Finn's cure for warts.
;D
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

netrunner

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2014, 07:33:01 PM »

Oh yeah and after the Download Macros and Timers, you have to do this three times:

toasterking

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2014, 08:43:57 PM »

That reads like Huckleberry Finn's cure for warts.
;D

I'm sure netrunner's advice is good, but Dave, this had me rolling!  This is the funniest thing I've read all month!   rofl

Dwaine

« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2014, 06:50:30 PM »

I followed demoos process at the bottom of page 3 of this thread, and that allowed me to get my registered ActiveHome Pro version from my XP PC over to a new PC running Windows 7 (32 bit) as still registered. So i can continue to properly use my CM15A with my new PC.

Many thanks to Tuicemen, demoos and all who have contributed to this thread!

Dwaine

#:)

bt54

« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2014, 06:38:24 PM »

Tuicemen,
I see that you have a converter for the Marmitek to USA version.  Does the conversion keep the Smart Macros and OnAlert modules?
If it doesn't work get a BIGGER hammer!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2014, 12:55:33 PM »

the converter doesn't allow AHP to display plugin settings however they do still work from a old AHX file.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

DKDEAN

« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2014, 10:03:04 AM »

+1 - thank you so much for your help!!
I had to reload Windows 8 due to a hard drive failure, so this post was a lifesaver for my X10 setup.

Much appreciated!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2014, 04:00:15 PM »

I have managed to take this build to a registered copy successfully on several machines.
However in order to create a build that will create a registered AHP with all plug-ins I need some info from someone who now has a working copy of AHP and all plug-ins registered to Tim Forehand ( The deceased original owner of Authinx) .
Anyone with such a working copy is asked to PM me.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

netrunner

« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2014, 08:47:26 PM »

This news is exciting, Tuicemen I hope someone is able to provide this to you. I am currently using the Marmitek version of AHP because I need the security module it provides. I'd love to come back to the USA version. Good luck and thanks for all of your efforts for the benefit of the X10 community.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2014, 09:05:56 AM »

Thanks netrunner.

I now have a working tool which will convert this version of AHP to a registered version. :)%
See: Registering AHP on a new PC
Since no one yet has come forward with a registered version and all plug-ins registered to Tim Forehand users must rely on back ups they personally have.
It looks like I must broaden the search to anyone with AHP and at least the plug-ins available in the Marmitec version (Smart macros  & the security plugins) registered to Tim Forehand.

If you have this & are willing to share one file and the volume ID, PM me and I'll walk you threw how to get the info needed to me.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2014, 09:57:22 AM »

Since no one yet has come forward with a registered version and all plug-ins registered to Tim Forehand users must rely on back ups they personally have.

I don't have a currently registered version of ActiveHome Pro.  Several years ago I did buy a CM15A that came with all the plug-ins, but I only installed the basic program.  That was several hard drives ago, and I only have the Marmitek version installed now (just for testing).

I still have those old hard drives kicking around somewhere, and can search to see what I can find on one of them.  But it would be a very old version of ActiveHome Pro with none of the plug-ins.  Let me know if that might be helpful.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.