Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available.  (Read 126824 times)

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available.
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2015, 07:32:55 PM »

Did a new install on a win XP Pro PC:

Used Vol ID from original AHP install on old PC as per instructions. Had to copy entire x10 folder to Common Folder for AHP to show registered. Replacing just the x10prod.sys file did not work per instructions.

Also Note: Reverting back to the Vol ID prior to the AHP install subsequently "Unregistered AHP and plugins".
Changing Vol Id also unregistered other software on this PC and upon reverting back that software remained unregistered and had to be re-registered.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2015, 09:11:47 AM »

Did a new install on a win XP Pro PC:

Used Vol ID from original AHP install on old PC as per instructions. Had to copy entire x10 folder to Common Folder for AHP to show registered. Replacing just the x10prod.sys file did not work per instructions.

Also Note: Reverting back to the Vol ID prior to the AHP install subsequently "Unregistered AHP and plugins".
Changing Vol Id also unregistered other software on this PC and upon reverting back that software remained unregistered and had to be re-registered.

Since XP is no longer supported very little testing was done on that OS or Vista (which I don't have)
It is also not recommended to attempting to register by changing your volume ID if you have other registered software already installed as many look at that for registration.
The same can be said for reverting back to the old ID.
Anything that relies on this info will be affected and there are special steps to revert.
Miss one and it will fail.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

alzy

« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2015, 11:17:15 AM »

Tuicemen thanks for the info. The thought occurred to me yesterday to take an old laptop I had and turn it into an AHP machine for backup since it was too old/slow for anything else. In the process I thought I would try some of the things reported in this thread and provide feedback to other AHP orphans.
In particular I was interested in the effects of reverting back to the original laptop Vol ID after getting AHP registered and its affect on AHP and other software.

Hope some find this helpful.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2015, 02:30:50 PM »

Many seem to think because XP is no longer supported that they need a new PC.
This is not the Case, Windows 7 and or 8 will install on older machines just not the 64 bit OS.
I have installed Windows 8.1 on a old PC with a Intel Atom 1.66 GHZ processor with 3 gigs of ram and also Windows 7 on a HP Thin client PC with similar specs.

AHP will run on Windows 98 too but I'm unsure if anyone has attempted to install and register on that old of a win version.
Humm, I may attempt that  ::) :'
If Authinx (X10) ever finds all the code for AHP and does a updated build it most likely won't work on the older versions of Windows.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

alzy

« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2015, 02:56:39 PM »

Also for a AHP only machine to just write, update and download macros, XP is just fine since it won't be online and don't need to worry about security issues. As a matter of fact an old laptop with a CM11a makes a poor man's CM15a complete with battery backup. This scenario does draw about 17 watts at idle though with lid closed/display off though. That was going to be my CM15a backup if they had gone out of production!

astrothug

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2015, 03:25:52 PM »

Hi All, long time just wanted to pass on this bit of info there is a registry hack that will let you continue to receive xp updates i did this yesterday after installing xp on to a machine then updating to service pack 3 which you can still get from microsoft. my machine did 175 security updates. To apply the hack, create a text file with a .reg extension and the contents below:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\PosReady]
"Installed"=dword:00000001

my vista machine went down with all my x10 registered components i had in the shop hoping to have it restored.  
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 03:43:38 PM by astrothug »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2015, 03:27:33 PM »

Also for a AHP only machine to just write, update and download macros, XP is just fine
This was my thinking originally for my thin client.
However I've since found other things I wish to run too which requires the newer OS but still consumes little power(14 watts)
I have it connected to a large LED TV so if it is on the consumption is far greater.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2015, 05:51:14 PM »

I now have the green light to include the needed info for registration in AHP Lifejacket. :)%
I currently have a bunch of links and pictures to change but it is currently available from my forum if you can't wait.  ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

alzy

« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2015, 08:49:15 PM »

Tuicemen, what's the implication of this?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2015, 07:29:53 AM »

This means anyone can freely have a registered copy of the North American ActiveHome Pro with plugins(Smartmacros, OnAlert, iWatchout, and MyHouse Online)
It does not mean Authinx has given up on resurrecting AHP and improving it.
I think it shows their commitment to making AHP and all Plugins Free.
The Owner was very concern about end users privacy and someone making money from this.
Once I assured him I was making it available freely with no emails or personal info changing hands he agreed to allow me to include the registration info.
I'll get a direct link posted in the AHP Lifejacket thread today.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

astrothug

« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2015, 10:53:14 PM »

hi All so I had all my x10 software on a windows vista machine all working well up until last week then i got a HAL.dll corrupt file and the vista machine will not load. I put my hdd into a windows 7 machine can i move over the files over and use AHP lifejacket to get things working? thanks..

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2015, 07:00:24 AM »

HAL.dll is not an AHP file. It is a Microsoft file that is part of the Operating System and maybe a different version between your Vista and Windows7 computers.
You may want to use your working computer to do a web search. To find out how to correct the Microsoft file corruption.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-system/haldll-is-missing-or-corrupt-in-vista/73eb5034-bc38-4b80-b09e-661f83f8720b
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 07:04:10 AM by Brian H »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2015, 08:14:52 AM »

astrothug
You shouldn't move any files over to windows 7 until you've tried to fix your vista machine.
Even then the only file your going to need is you hax file as it has your settings.
Use the AHP3.318 installer to be sure you get all the drivers on the Win7 machine then use lifejacket to register.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

alzy

« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2015, 11:02:07 AM »

astrothug,

You can try running sfc /scannow from the command line on your vista machine to repair corrupted system files but you will need the windows Vista installation disk for the file recovery.

astrothug

« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2015, 12:35:48 PM »

Thank you for the quick reply.  I should have been more clear In my 1 post. My vista machine has a corrupt hal.Dll file and therefore will not boot up. I have exchanged dll files but still not working.  All my x10 registered components where on it. So I took out hard drive and put it into my win 7 machine as a D drive. I moved all my  x10 folders over and  would like to use AHP life jacket to register it. Thanks. And yes I have tried to recover vista using the cd but it's still not working. Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 12:58:30 PM by astrothug »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.