Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available.  (Read 126473 times)

jagMan653

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Full installer of AHP 3.318 now available.
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2019, 02:45:35 PM »

When I posted about broken link I believe I was looking at an outdated post of your at your Tuicemen site. These old posts never go away and come up in searches. I've now found it and installed it. Unfortunately, I can't make it work reliably. The sample room works, but as I add rooms, modules, timers, etc. at some point it starts telling me the interface isn't installed. Once that happens, nothing I do, including uninstalling/reinstalling, unplug & R/R batteries, will get me reconnected. It's happened on my Windows 10 machine and on my Windows 7 machine. About ready to throw in the towel
 :(

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2019, 03:20:27 PM »

……... at some point it starts telling me the interface isn't installed. Once that happens, nothing I do, including uninstalling/reinstalling, unplug & R/R batteries, will get me reconnected...….

If the install has you in peril (I didn't want to use the word screwed)…. you might want to do a system "restore" to a date just previous to your first DL attempt. Then you'll be able to start from scratch with the correct DL/install.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2019, 03:55:14 PM »

When I posted about broken link I believe I was looking at an outdated post of your at your Tuicemen site. These old posts never go away and come up in searches. I've now found it and installed it. Unfortunately, I can't make it work reliably. The sample room works, but as I add rooms, modules, timers, etc. at some point it starts telling me the interface isn't installed. Once that happens, nothing I do, including uninstalling/reinstalling, unplug & R/R batteries, will get me reconnected. It's happened on my Windows 10 machine and on my Windows 7 machine. About ready to throw in the towel
 :(
Have you considered trying the PiX10Hub? The CM15a plugs into it and is just used as an interface.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2019, 04:49:10 PM »

Updating links to old software that hasn't been updated in 5 years longer makes no sense if the manufacture can't or won't support it.
The hardware is sound the software your attempting to use it with has run its coarse. Life Jacket gave users time to find a suitable replacement. AHP has drivers written for Windows 98 sure some were updated for Vista but we all know how well that OS stayed with us.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jagMan653

« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2019, 11:15:15 AM »

Have you considered trying the PiX10Hub? The CM15a plugs into it and is just used as an interface.

I considered it briefly, but decided to keep poking around with AHP because there seem to be a lot of people still using it successfully.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2019, 11:22:51 AM »

The benefits of using the PiX10Hub far out weigh the cons ;)
I also believe you'll find more users have filed AHP and moved on then are now using it.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2019, 03:59:12 PM »

………. decided to keep poking around with AHP because there seem to be a lot of people still using it successfully.

The CM15A, AHP, and all the related software's and on-line connectivity made.... was just completely awesome.... a decade ago. But things change. Technologically advanced things.... change overnight. Much of the best automation.... isn't touched by the old CM15A. Although they can still find some healthy service as an interface. I use one with my Homeseer. And I've read of a way of using one with a Samsung SmartTthings Hub too.

Plus I still run a stand alone CM15A (with limited macros) and I am sure thousands of other do too.

jagMan653

« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2019, 05:19:57 PM »

Dave & Tuicemen,

I take your points. However, my needs are simple: a few lights on timers in the house and yard. AHP and CM15A seem to do that. I do recognize that those in this forum are responsible for making this technology still viable. Many thanks.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: January 07, 2019, 05:55:44 PM »

The thing with HA your requirements are always changing. I don't try to change anyones mind on their  HA program choice all have their pros and cons. If it works for you great.
However even microsoft stops supporting old software. Authinx has been attempting to get a developer to update AHP for the last 5 years with no progress as yet. I suspect they will give up on this idea very shortly.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mic_

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #159 on: January 08, 2019, 05:02:57 AM »

Every now and then something needs to be said about how you helpers in this community go out of your way to give out tried true, new, and innovative suggestions here. You are also patient and tactful how you handle folks with, let's say dated thoughts and questions. Keep up the good work, and thanks

HA Dave

« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2019, 11:27:58 PM »

….. my needs are simple: a few lights on timers in the house and yard....

Wow. I am so addicted to this stuff.... I can't even think like that. My Home Automation set-up continues to grow and transform. I am always looking to incorporate new technologies...… or in more recent months... set aside older technologies. But at no time in the last 15 years or so has my setup ever been considered static or done.

For me Home Automation is a lifestyle as well as a hobby. I try to always be working on something.... even if it's just in the planning/dreaming stage. 

mikeythemars

« Reply #161 on: October 16, 2019, 01:22:36 PM »

I clicked on the link to download 3.318 and ended up on a 404 page.  Has the download page moved and if so, where can I find it? 

Also, the note on the 3.318 update stated "The installer will update a old AHP to the new version if it is installed on the PC If that is registered.". I take that to mean that since i have an existing original registered version of AHP on a working XP machine, the 3.318 download will simply update my existing AHP while retaining the existing home file.  Is that correct?   

mikeythemars

« Reply #162 on: October 16, 2019, 02:13:02 PM »

Why is the download link to AHP 3.318 showing up as a 404 page?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: October 16, 2019, 05:09:41 PM »

What download link? The link on the x10 sales site should stull work.
Links on the forum may be from a mirror or old site.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #164 on: October 16, 2019, 06:02:32 PM »

The link in the original post of this thread.
Goes to Tuicemen.com.

Are there two links on the X10 site. The one I saw was was 210.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.