Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP stopped communicationing with CM15A  (Read 2725 times)

Easttexasdragon

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    • My Facebook Page
AHP stopped communicationing with CM15A
« on: June 09, 2014, 11:30:19 PM »

Ok I'm ready to pull my hair out. B:( I have a CM15A plugged into a wall plug, its normally controlled by AHP installed on my Laptop. I have floodlights outside that are controlled by AHP program, and are set to turn off at 7:30pm, Daylight savings time now causes the lights to stay on at dark until I turn them off. Tonight I decided to change the time to turn them off at a later time. I plugged the USB cable into my Laptop (it installed a driver)and started the AHP program then got the error that My interface wasnt plugged in. I tried a different USB port on my laptop(again it installed a driver) I got the same error. I checked all the Cable Connections, Everything looked good, Still no connection, Rebooted my laptop, Still not connected, Changed the USB cable, Still not connected, Moved the Interface to a different location which I knew didnt matter because it has been working where it was at. and of course it still not connected, I decided to change the 4 AAA Battery's still not connected. Then I just remembered something, -:) I have changed Laptops sense I set this up, I was using windows 7 and the new laptop has 8.1, I'm wondering if maybe thats the problem. I thought I checked Everything when I installed AHP on the new laptop and it worked but I'm not sure. Anyone got any ideas, I'm going to look and see if anyone else is having problems with 8.1.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: AHP stopped communicationing with CM15A
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 03:00:39 PM »

AHP and the cm15a work on my Windows 8.1
Try removing the batteries from the Cm15 and disconnect from the PC and USB, then let it sit a few hours then reconnect to the PC with the batteries still out.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Easttexasdragon

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 10:46:47 PM »

AHP and the cm15a work on my Windows 8.1
Try removing the batteries from the Cm15 and disconnect from the PC and USB, then let it sit a few hours then reconnect to the PC with the batteries still out.
 >!
Ha Ha Ha your so funny, If you notice I did all of that, Changing the batteries cleared the Interface and Now I had to figure out something Quick so I decided to reinstall AHP so I saved myhome file in a folder then I deleted AHP off my Laptop. The AHP Version I had gave me a error that it cant be installed on this Computer so I dug up my old Email from X10 and installed from here http://www.x10.com/software. after the program got up and running it showed that the interface was connected so I opened the file I had saved and added it to the line up, For some reason I had to change the Lamp Modules again to the older type ones because I could turn the lamps off but not on, after a few little tweeks and I'm back up and running.  >!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 08:27:32 AM »

Sorry I didn't see where you let it sit or run without batteries.
If you had installed a old version of AHP or the SDK it may have installed old x10net files.
These aren't compatible with the newest version and will also produce the symptoms you noted.
In any case I'm glade to see your back up and running.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.