Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Why do I keep losing my macros?

Help with macros?
- 0 (0%)
Help with Cm11a
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Help. I keep losing my macros!  (Read 2453 times)

wilmac

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Help. I keep losing my macros!
« on: July 12, 2014, 08:29:50 AM »

I just found this site and I am hoping I can find help here. I have been using x-10 products for more the 15 years. I have been using the CM11A and other brand name interfaces but the same model for years. I have a pile of them in a box because I keep losing my macros at least once a year. I still have a version of "Active Home" on a lap top because I like the idea that I don't need to be on line all the time to keep the interface working. Call me paranoid but I like having the closed system. Each time I get another interface I drop more and more macro functions to keep things simple.

Now I am down to just 2 for a water heater circulator pump that I have named H-1. My macros are M-14 on for H-1 on and M-14 off for H-1 off. I also have L-14 on for H-1 on and L-14 off for H-14 off. This allows me to turn the pump on from different floors of the house,

I also have the pump H-1 on a couple of timers so it comes on and off a few times during the day. I once used to have the max amount of macros programed in but as each years goes by and I lose them I dropped them.

Can someone please tell me why I keep losing these macros each year? I always have to install a new 11A interface to fix the problem. This used to always happen during the time changes. But the one that just took place was last weekend.

I  greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me on this.  I am building a new home and not only do I need this system to work in the home we are living in now and selling, I want to use more X-10 in the new home but the wife has had it with this on going problem
Thanks again for any help I can receive.
Wilmac

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Help. I keep losing my macros!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 10:59:35 AM »

I'm a little confused. Why can't you clear the CM11A (unplug, remove batteries, disconnect serial connection, wait 30 seconds then reconnect) then reload your saved program. That does not work?

FWIW: The new X10.com (totally new owners) is again selling the CM15A and it appears they have improved the old CM15A RF performance, although that won't effect you since you were using the CM11A. http://www.x10.com/x10-pro/interfaces.html

The old Active Home Pro software died on the old X10.com servers, but is available from other locations. This forum and the Tuicemen forum http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php has more information on how to get a working copy of the Active Home Pro version. There is a number of third party programs which can use the CM15A as an interface, but I believe they all require the computer 24/7, the CM15A only acts as the powerline interface on the third party programs..
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

wilmac

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 06:18:04 PM »

Thanks for the reply. I will try that but it has not worked in the past. Do have any idea why I am losing the macros?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 07:00:38 PM »

You can't clear the CM11As memory and then re download the timers and macros?
I believe there is a one year maximum if you have any Sunset/Sunrise information in the CM11A and then you have to reload the next years table.

wilmac

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 09:43:31 AM »

It now seems that I have induced some noise into the house wiring. If I bring the modules used for this task close to the computer they now work. However, once I take them out of the room they will not work. I see the response on the computer screen that the interface has seen the command and responded but it seems that the signal out of the interface is either week or just not there.

I now think I am in need of an analyzer.

Can anyone point me in the direction to a good affordable X-10 signal analyzer?

Once again thanks to all for you help.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 11:33:02 AM »

The JV Engineering XTBM is a great X10 Signal and Noise Meter.
You may want to look at his forums as I believe he was going to have a loaner plan.
http://jvde.us/forum/index.php?board=4.0

He also has a great set of Troubleshooting Tutorials. Recently updated to PDF Format.
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

ACT also has some Troubleshooting Tutorials.
http://www.act-remote.com/PCC/uncle.htm
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:42:25 AM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.