💬General Category > X10 Product Wish List

WiFi module

(1/5) > >>

dave w:
Anyone know how the WiFi X10 module development is coming along? I'm anxious!

dhouston:
No, but with big players (e.g. Samsung) entering this market every day, it's likely to a day late and a dollar short.

* http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/08/14/samsung-smartthings-smart-home/14092865/The one I'm watching is Belkin which has light bulbs, lamp modules, appliance modules and more that all use WiFi directly.

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: dave w on August 22, 2014, 03:25:31 PM ---Anyone know how the WiFi X10 module development is coming along? I'm anxious!

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: dhouston on August 22, 2014, 04:47:01 PM ---No, but with big players (e.g. Samsung) entering this market every day, it's likely to a day late and a dollar short.

--- End quote ---

I am also "anxious"... and slightly frustrated with the waiting. Technology moves a bit too quickly for these delays. Day late... and dollar short.. indeed.

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: dave w on August 22, 2014, 03:25:31 PM ---Anyone know how the WiFi X10 module development is coming along? I'm anxious!

--- End quote ---
Last I heard a new prototype was being sent to X10 for testing and approval. I hope to hear more shortly.

--- Quote from: dhouston on August 22, 2014, 04:47:01 PM ---No, but with big players (e.g. Samsung) entering this market every day, it's likely to a day late and a dollar short.

* http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/08/14/samsung-smartthings-smart-home/14092865/The one I'm watching is Belkin which has light bulbs, lamp modules, appliance modules and more that all use WiFi directly.

--- End quote ---
I've tried Belkin Wi-Fi lamp modules but wasn't impressed however I'm sure software will improve to give more options.
I think the new X10 Wi-Fi unit will be a hit as it will talk with most existing x10 devices.
Combining it with a cm15 will give it lots of possibilities.

dave w:

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I undertand. But (new) X10 still has a large established user base, which gives them a slight initial advantage once the product hits the market. I think this device might revitalize X10. Hopefully there is some progress taking place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version