💬General Category > X10 Product Wish List

WiFi module

<< < (5/5)

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: HA Dave on July 19, 2017, 10:56:05 PM ---.......... BTW only one device can play music at any one time (according to the spec)...........
--- End quote ---

That guy has no idea what he's posting. I just tried playing/streaming on both of mine at the same time... and it worked fine.  :'

dave w:

--- Quote from: HA Dave on July 19, 2017, 10:56:05 PM ---These things are addictive! I am thinking about adding one in the bedroom to use as an alarm. And I wouldn't mind having one downstairs too. You know... they make wall mounts for the Dots. Maybe next time they have a price cut......

--- End quote ---
I stumbled on to a YouTube of some "tech" adding battery packs to both an Echo and a Dot. He had them together on a table. When he called "Alexa" and gave a command, (what is the weather?) both units lit up but only the Echo would respond, the Dot would go dark. Obviously Amazon anticipated multiple units in a home. Which means with the next "sale" there will be a Dot downstairs. I think Tuicemen said you could use them as intercoms(?)
Thanks for the info!!

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: dave w on July 22, 2017, 12:06:56 PM ---........ I think Tuicemen said you could use them as intercoms(?)
--- End quote ---

Yep... and as a phone/calling phone-like device. I tested the calling part to a cell-phone.... but haven't tested the intercom part yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version