🔌General Home Automation > Original ActiveHome

Updating computers

<< < (2/8) > >>

Brian H:
Since you moved up from a CM11A and Active Home. Good chance your LM465 Lamp Modules are before the Soft Start feature was added.
Do your LM465s go On and Off immediately or ramp On and Off at a about a three second time?
There are two Lamp Drop Down choices in AHP. Lamps is for the newer Soft Start dimmers and Older Lamps (No SoftStart)
If your LM465s are the older ones that do not ramp On and Off. Use the Older Lamps (No SoftStart) list or they will turn Off but not On.

For the HR12A. It should work with the CM15A Interfaces internal X10 RF Receiver. Unless it is out of receiving range.
Try Tools; Hardware Configuration.
Tranceived House Codes.
Make sure it is set to Auto.
Though sometimes you have to use Specific and pick the House Code you are using. I picked all of them as Auto didn't work for me.

I don't have much information on the registration message. There are others with more experience that should be able to add to your question.

JoAnn:
Brian: I haven't posted anything to you in a while, but have been reading, reading, and reading a lot of the portions of the forum on anything that could possibly help without bothering you all the time. I found one that suggested using a different outlet for the new CM15. Long story short - substituted an appliance module for the lamp module, and everything started working. Then, even though I had put new (supposedly) batteries in my remote, it still wouldn't work, so I replaced the batteries, again, and presto, it is working also.
Just one more thing that I haven't been able to solve. We had our furnace on the old X10, but I haven't been able to make it work. Does everything that works on Activehome Pro need a module to plug it into? My husband can't remember (medical reasons) how he set it up or if there is a module somewhere. If you say there is a module somewhere, guess I'll have to crawl the attic and find it. Would appreciate a reply. You have sure been a life saver.

Brian H:
There where some thermostats made by RCS that came in an X10 compatible version.
The TX16 and the older TX15. Both used an X10 TW523 or X10Pro PSC05 two way power line interface for X10 use.

Can you find a manufacturer and model number on the thermostat? That may help us in getting you some information.

There maybe other ways a furnace could be controlled. So knowing what you have would help.

JoAnn:
Here is all I can find about our thermostats: They are White-Rodgers. Inside the cover there are specs, amps-voltage-etc. and type:1F56W-444 -
LR27935
Class 2
We do have 2 of them, one under the other and the only thing I could find inside was one was stamped "9549 E7 1" and the other was "9549 E7 0" Which leads me to believe that they were probably bought as a set.
On our old computer/X10 the name of the module was Furn a16 and the house code was A11. We did some kind of macro that turned one thermostat on during the day, and turned the other one on during the night.
This isn't very much info, but it's all I've got.

Brian H:
What you found is fine.

The thermostats are not X10 controllable. The A16 and A11 in the macro. Indicate they are controlling an X10 addressable module to switch which thermostat is controlling the furnace.

You may have to do some searching to find the X10 module or modules controlling the furnace. As I have a few different thoughts on what maybe in use.
If the furnace is in the basement. You may want to look there before crawling into the attic.

I did find the actual Installation & Users Manual for the 1F56W-444 thermostat.
I have attached it to this post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version